Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Strange mobo issue

My computer specs are in my signature, just FYI. Tonight I was going to do some testing with hyperthreading. I normally run with it off. When I entered the BIOS, it said that "hypethreading not supported." I know this isn't true because I have an i7 3770k, and I have enabled HT before. Nonetheless, I enabled it anyway. But when I opened both task manger and CPU-Z, only 4 threads were shown to be active. So, I went back into BIOS and decided to bump my CPU from 4.5 GHz to 4.6 GHz just as a test. CPU-z said my CPU was running at 4.5 even though I set it the multiplier at 4.6.

Something is up with my BIOS. Any ideas? Solutions?The BIOS version is the most current, FYI.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Interesting. What mobo do you have? I had an ASRock Z77 that needed a CMOS reset somewhat regularly or else presets wouldn't take...

I have the AsRock Z77 Extreme4. It's been a great mobo, actually. This is the first reset I have had to do. I am wondering if my GPU and RAM upgrades had anything to do with it... either way, everything works again. I reloaded my OC profile and all good.