Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Tiller sensitivity and deadzone - how to?

Hi

I'm using Logitech 3d Extreme twist for tiller nosewheel steering. It's very touchy, slight movement and plane goes in circles.

I tried to decrease sensitivity value from 1.0 to 0.6 in MJC Control Panel but this does not result in sensitivity decrease, it works exactly like P3D broken sensitivity feature and results in limiting of maximum deflection.

Is there any way to decrease tiller sensitivity?

Please remember of the fact, that the tiller is not assigned to the rudder, so your joystick rudder is not working correct. You are able to control the tiller with your mouse, with your joystick aileron (left/right) as far as you are under 40 knots or with a axis assigned to speed brakes/spoilers.

In the config window you should set the tiller steering to the aileron axis. Then simple move your joystick to the left or right and you should be able to control the Dash easily.

Matthias

I'm not sure if I understand - the reason why I'm using joystick twist is I found it most realistic, but I might be wrong here.

My setup is:

1. Saitek Yoke

2. Saitek Rudder pedals

3. Saitek Throttle

4. Logitech 3D

I set up 125Hz controls on Saitek Yoke (elevators, ailerons) and Rudder Pedals (rudder).

I separately set up tiller as joystick twist by assigning spoiler axis to joystick twist. Is it incorrect procedure? The problem I face is joystick is over-sensitive. I don't want to steer with my Yoke as tiller turning it left and right as Q400 is not a car :-)

I thought joystick is best solution here?

Don't use the joystick twist axis for the tiller, use the left-right axis instead because it has a much larger range of movement.

• Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Understood. I will set spoiler to "left-right" axis. Appreciate the suggestion!