Sign in to follow this  
simmyjiff

'Path does not exist'

FSX-SE edition on Windows 7 Home Premium.

My Scenery files have suddenly gone haywire overnight, I have a loss of FPS, down to 15, the screen is stuttering quite badly and the scenery is populating all the time, textures are also incoherent with lines across the landscape etc. I have checked ‘Scenery Editor’ and all Orbx and FSX default scenery files, contained a red triangle with an exclamation mark and ‘Path does not exist’, (UK 2000 software is not affected) I attempted a backup of the files in SE, but it failed. I also checked the path of the Scenery.cfg file (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\\FSX) but there was none in this format? Only ‘Scenery’ a copy of the file is attached. Scenery files in FSX settings are all ticked.

A ‘Verify integrity of Game files’ check has also been carried out in STEAM, 193 files failed to validate and were reacquired, but these have no affect on the scenery.

I have no idea how this issue has occurred, all scenery has been working satisfactorily for a considerable time and due to my lack of knowledge in this area, I can confirm no changes have consciously been made to the Scenery File.

Attachments:

1.      Landscape Scrpnt (a)

2.      Landscape Scrpnt (b)

3.      SCE Scrpnt.

4.      Scenery path as shown in SCE (above)

5.      ‘Scenery’ content.

I have 5 attachments showing the problem but I'm not sure how uploading works?

Can anybody put me in the wright direction please, should I post this on another forum?

Thanks

PC Spec.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K                       

CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Loki SDS963                   

OS Win 7-Home Premium.

Asus P8Z77-V LX2                

RAM: 8GB Corsair 1600 mhz Vengeance (2x4GB)       

Graphics:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB             

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just found a discussion here at AVSIM, what you need is FSTScenery.exe, it should fix your scenery.cfg error's and provide a report.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/469810-deleted-scenery-and-the-scenerycfg-file/

You can find the uploaded file bu NickN here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=41226&PID=242120&title=solved-scenery-cfg-file-error#242120

Good luck,

Robert

Thanks Robert, I'll come back later.....

Hi, Unable to open and run FSTScenery.exe? Run-time error '53': File not found

checking some more

You have to place it where the scenery.cfg is located. I checked one of my sceneries with it by creating a folder on the desktop and placing the scenery.cfg and FSTScenery.exe in it and running it. I think its a safe way of going through your scenery.cfg.