Sign in to follow this  
Dale_Reitz

Carenado PC12 integration

I take it that these are stand alone GPS Windows and can not replace the GPS in the 3D Cockpit like they did in FSX?

Beat Regards,

Dale Reitz

Hi Dale,

If you are referring to our upcoming GNS 530W/430W V2 and GTN 750/650 Touch for FS-SEX3D, then this thread should give you the answer you are looking for:

https://www.avsim.com/topic/501413-gtn-for-fsx-p3d/

In short: these are not standalone GPS windows, but these are gauges rendered in a popup window, the 2D panel and the 3D panel (wether or both XP and FS). However, XP and FS differ in the way you integrate these in a panel. The former has no 'gauge' and no 'panel' and our plugin offers alternative ways to configure it in a simple fashion, the latter as 'gauge' and 'panel' concepts as-is and our product gauge, like any other gauge, fits any panel, replaces any other gauge.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I guess I should have said for X-Plane, sorry about that. And I did see in other posts that it's a bear to get it to work. Anyway, I purchased it yesterday and had a problem on the install. I pointed the installer to my X-Plane 11 Directory "G:\X-Plane11" but it placed the gauge folder in C:\Program Files(86) instead.

Thanks for the reply, glad to have a Real GPS to fly with :)

a Real GPS to fly with :)

A RealityXP GPS to fly with ;-)

As for the installer, in that case, you can manually move the rxpGTN\32 and rxpGTN\64 to XPlane resources\plugin\ folder and this should be ok.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,

I would like to integrate the RealityXP GNS 530v2 in the Carenado PC-12 for Xplane 11 !

Is it possible to integrate the GNS530 in VC panel?

What are the true settings in the RealityXPGNS.ini?

regards

Dave

Dave, sorry for answering late. I've been swamped trying to sort out the issue a few customers are experiencing with the GTN or the GNS, while working on the next update at the same time.

I'm yet to publish tutorials for panel modifications. It is not hard to understand once you manage to gather all the pieces together, but I realize it might not be easy to find all the pieces at once. Information is somewhat scattered.

You might want to start looking into Bluebell's GTN C172 mod and see how this looks like? The principles are the same for the GNS.