Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

airport scanning for static cams - few Q's

Wow, this new feature is genius! 

A few questions though:

1  Is (or will) there a way to easily convert one of those cams to a preset that can be customized?

2. How does the scanning work? I assume it scans the current scenery.cfg. As i usually activate only the sceneries im flying from/to, can i just run P3D once with all sceneries enabled, get CP to perfom an airport scan and then run my usual customized scenery.cfg without needing to rescan everytime?

Thanks

Lars

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Lars,

1. You can select one and save it as a new preset. Clicking through the list will only moves the existing camera to a new location. You have full control of the camera at all times.
  2. The scan is manual so you can load everything in, scan it, uncheck your sceneries and never have to worry about it again (until you add a new custom airport)

Regards,

Keven

cheers Keven!

Whats so genius about this feature is the fact that i can fly into an airport and easily switch to a RWY static cam during final without ever having set a static cam on this airport. Amazing stuff

now if you could just get CP to exclude out of area static cams when zapping through them....not the first time i accidentally traveled to the other side of the world in just a second. This causes immediate VAS-panic :)