Sign in to follow this  
Peterom

Panel not showing in the Virtual Cockpit

First, I really like the 747 just out.  My only problem is when I am in the Captain's seat, I only see the runway and scenery.  I don't have any images of the cockpit.  I get the cockpit images when I am in the FO seat.  All the other cockpit images seem to work fine, except while in the captain's seat.  Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Press the A key once, or select Virtual Cockpit view from menu.  Sounds like you are in the Cockpit view, which in some aircraft is the 2D panel view. 

Press the A key once, or select Virtual Cockpit view from menu.  Sounds like you are in the Cockpit view, which in some aircraft is the 2D panel view.

It looks as if I am in Cockpit view, but you above suggestions don't take me out of that mode

That is interesting.  Never had someone complain they were locked in one view and couldn't change it.  Wait a minute, you said it was okay from FO view but not Captains (Virtual Cockpit) but then you said you cannot select Virtual Cockpit view because you are stuck in Cockpit view?? How did you check out the FO view? I'm not  understanding the problem yet.

That is interesting.  Never had someone complain they were locked in one view and couldn't change it.  Wait a minute, you said it was okay from FO view but not Captains (Virtual Cockpit) but then you said you cannot select Virtual Cockpit view because you are stuck in Cockpit view?? How did you check out the FO view? I'm not  understanding the problem yet.

I can view the FO view through the View menu. The View menu shows the option of Cockpit View and not the Virtual Cockpit view.

FSX or P3D?  Using EZDok or recently uninstalled it?  Anything that might change camera.cfg file?

Google "FSX no virtual cockpit" and find many suggestions. Probably best one is: Copy the camera.cfg file from the main fsx folder to your appdata fsx folder (the same one that holds the fsx.cfg file)

FSX or P3D?  Using EZDok or recently uninstalled it?  Anything that might change camera.cfg file?

Google "FSX no virtual cockpit" and find many suggestions. Probably best one is: Copy the camera.cfg file from the main fsx folder to your appdata fsx folder (the same one that holds the fsx.cfg file)

Thanks. I'll try that.