Sign in to follow this  
felixthreeone

Want to upgrade my GTX 580 for fsx-limited budget!

Hello. Wanted to run by you guys (after a lot of forum surfing, and google research) What you all would recommend to upgrade my EVGA GTX580 1.5GB card with for FSX? There's a *slim* chance that I may go P3D with my next build (within the next 12-16 months). So, maybe something that can work in P3D, but something that would be a step up for the interim in FSX. I was gifted a 27" 1080P monitor for Christmas, but it needs higher AA to clean up the image on the larger screen. My 2600k is at 4.6ghz and stable as a rock, I just wonder if there is a budget option out there that's better than the 580 and readily available? Maybe some variant of 1060? I don't want to spend more than $200-250 max...

The GTX580 is more than enough for FSX, I went from a GTX570 1.2gb to a GTX980 4gb in FSX/DX10Fixer and saw very little difference.

P3D will appreciate a better card though but I doubt the 1060 is it.

I bought the EVGA GTX 1060, 6 GB, single fan card a couple of months ago and have been very pleased.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam