Sign in to follow this  
Rudi

Stearman 75

For anyone (like me) who may have missed it, Robert Sanderson has released his freeware Stearman, and it's a winner! Beautiful model and VC, and it flies great. In fact, based on my very brief ride in it last night, I'm thinking its flight dynamics and taildragger ground handling may be groundbreaking (no pun intended)... more time in it will tell. Downloadable from AVSIM's library:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root

[body][p class="1MainBody" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"][span style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Brush Script MT'"]Best

Got it, flown it, and I agree...a great plane.The modeling is supurb.There are times when planes like this are a great change of pace....I took my Carenado Piper 180 out for a spin last night totally VFR....wish I had remembered I had this plane in the hanger...it would have done the same job very nicely.

Here's my opinion: I don't think it's merely fantastic at all. I think it's un-freakin-believably-good. Even the flight dynamics really contribute to a rich sense of immersion, to say nothing of the outstanding 2-D and 3-D cockpits, richly detailed wing views, overboost modeling and nice visual effects. Congratulations on a superb package and many thanks for making this a freeware contribution. It really is that good. Best regards.