Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

Any advanced FSUIPC Users here? .lua Event?

Do I also edit the names in the Auto Section of the fsuipc.ini to match?

Yes, absolutely! The names in the modules folder and under the [Auto] section of the FSUIPC.ini file must be the same. Make the changes and restart FSX.

Al

Yes, absolutely! The names in the modules folder and under the [Auto] section of the FSUIPC.ini file must be the same. Make the changes and restart FSX.

Al

Okay names match, rebooted, and still no response they remain in reverse thrust. 

IDK if it will help to state the obvois but who knows, does any of this change in P3D? I am using P3D v3.4 No Hotifx. 

Please print the engine3 lua code, and part of the modules folder that has the script name in it, and the part of the FSUIPC.ini file that has the [Auto] section and the [Lua] section.

Al

Please print the engine3 lua code, and part of the modules folder that has the script name in it, and the part of the FSUIPC.ini file that has the [Auto] section and the [Lua] section.

Al

2_Untitled.jpg

Angelo,

When I pull one of my Saitek Throttles all the way back, I get the info below. Note the Btn# is 20. When you pull throttle lever 3 all the way back is 8 the number you see in the same place where 20 is below?

Al

0d9bc094b4.JPG

Angelo,

When I pull one of my Saitek Throttles all the way back, I get the info below. Note the Btn# is 20. When you pull throttle lever 3 all the way back is 8 the number you see in the same place where 20 is below?

Al

0d9bc094b4.JPG

3_Untitled.jpg

OK, that looks fine. But note there should be no entries in the Control sent when button pressed or released fields.

Al

OK, that looks fine. But note there should be no entries in the Control sent when button pressed or released fields.

Al

Yes that was just to test to see if it was doing anything by forcing it. Its cleared now. Still nothing. 

Just to make sure I understand, what you are doing is pulling the throttle 3 lever all the way back into the switch position, and then you move it back up out of the switch position -- correct.?

Al

Another thought: I understand the a/c you are trying to do this on is the brand new PMDG 747 -- is that correct? If so, I know the PMDG often does not follow the typical FSX way of doing things, but writes unique code instead in the interest of realism. So it could be the standard FSX control codes you are using will not work with this a/c. Does anything different happen if you load the 'old' default FSX or P3D B747?

Al

Tried 737 and default King Air, Reverse stays right where its at, at max rev and doesn't move at all. 

Does the same command work for you?

In your default 737 and King Air experiment, did you use the correct codes and addresses for throttle 1 or throttle 2?

Here is something to try with the PMDG 747. Temporarily comment out all your existing throttle 3 code and then add in the following:

function ThrottleToIdle_3()
throttle3 = ipc.readSW(0x09BC)
ipc.writeSW(0x3380, throttle3);             
ipc.writeSW(0x32FA, 5);     -- display
end
event.button( 0, 8 , 2, "ThrottleToIdle_3")

What this does is read a throttle 3 value when the throttle is moved out of the switch position and displays it (on a green bar) for 5 seconds. This will tell you if you are getting information from location x09BC.

Al

I used this for throttle 2 throttle2 = ipc.readSW(0x088c) 

Do I still keep the bottom of the lua, with joy ID and button number? Right now I put exactly what you linked and thats all.

No green bar, nothing. 

No. The switch Btn# for throttle 2 will be different, as will the control code to increment throttle 2. Look in FSUIPC to see what Joy# and Btn# you get when activating the switch at the bottom of throttle 2.

Here is another thought as I try to understand what you expect to happen. I don't know anything about the 747, but I assume if you pull back a throttle as low as possible without activating the reverse switch, that sends a throttle value to the sim. So if you move the throttle out of the switch position into the same low as possible position, won't that send the same throttle value to the sim as before? I guess what I'm saying is if the throttle is in a certain position but you are also sending control codes to increase the throttle value, that seems like a possible control conflict to me.

Al