Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

Any advanced FSUIPC Users here? .lua Event?

Old script shows this

throttle2 = ipc.readSW(0x0924)

Yes Joy 2,6 is correct for 2. 

I will make the change in the new script to match and report. 

Changing it 0x0924 still does nothing. I am beginning to think, its this whole auto event nonsense because these old luas worked when commanded by button release.

Changing it 0x0924 still does nothing

Did you restart FSX after making and saving the change to the modules folder?

Al

Did you restart FSX after making and saving the change to the modules folder?

Al

Number 2 engine reverse confirmed WORKING after the reboot. 

We need to slow the idle time some tho, maybe by half.

So change the ipc sleep? Why is the 0x0924 worked and yours didn't? Are they not the same?

Number 2 engine reverse confirmed WORKING after the reboot. 

We need to slow the idle time some tho, maybe by half.

So change the ipc sleep? Why is the 0x0924 worked and yours didn't? Are they not the same?

:smile: :smile:

Not sure what you mean by slow the idle time. Do you want it to take longer to reach idle? If so, one way would be to change the control code to 65970 which uses a smaller throttle 2 increment value.

I suppose increasing the sleep value would also do that, or perhaps a combination of both.

The smaller throttle control code increment values are: Throttle1= 65965, Throttle2=65970, throttle3=65975 and throttle4=65980.  I assume you have all the regular throttle increment values in your old scripts.

Why is the 0x0924 worked and yours didn't? Are they not the same?  Each throttle value is stored in a different location. I noticed today that you used the same location for throttle 2 as you had in your "old" throttle 1 script -- not good.  I looked up the throttle location values and found: Throttle1=088C, Throttle2=0924, throttle3=09BC and throttle4=0A54. I would expect these are the values used in your four "old" scripts.

I suggest we now try to get each of the other throttles working, starting with throttle 1,  You can then play around with changing the time to idle later.  OK?

So for throttle 1, you will need the reverse switch joy# and Btn# from FSUIPC. In fact, will you are there, get those numbers for all the other throttles.

Make the changes for the throttle1 script, save and restart FSX and let's see what happens!

Al

Okay and Okay! :-)

EDIT: Just saw the wrong ipc now, I changed it already to 65965

Check everything on that below. Offsets, ipc numbers, the joy id is good. 

Untitled.jpg

:smile: :smile:

Not sure what you mean by slow the idle time. Do you want it to take longer to reach idle? If so, one way would be to change the control code to 65970 which uses a smaller throttle 2 increment value.

I suppose increasing the sleep value would also do that, or perhaps a combination of both.

The smaller throttle control code increment values are: Throttle1= 65965, Throttle2=65970, throttle3=65975 and throttle4=65980.  I assume you have all the regular throttle increment values in your old scripts.

Why is the 0x0924 worked and yours didn't? Are they not the same?  Each throttle value is stored in a different location. I noticed today that you used the same location for throttle 2 as you had in your "old" throttle 1 script -- not good.  I looked up the throttle location values and found: Throttle1=088C, Throttle2=0924, throttle3=09BC and throttle4=0A54. I would expect these are the values used in your four "old" scripts.

I suggest we now try to get each of the other throttles working, starting with throttle 1,  You can then play around with changing the time to idle later.  OK?

So for throttle 1, you will need the reverse switch joy# and Btn# from FSUIPC. In fact, will you are there, get those numbers for all the other throttles.

Make the changes for the throttle1 script, save and restart FSX and let's see what happens!

Al

Check everything on that below. Offsets, ipc numbers, the joy id is good.

EDIT!

The only thing I notice is you have used the throttle2 small increment, which is NOT OK. The regular throttle 1 increment code is 65964. Also, just as a matter of style (really makes no difference), most use capital letters in hex values, i.e., 0x088C

So fix things and restart FSX and give it a try!

The control codes for  throttle 1 are 65964 (regular increment) and 65965 (small increment).

Noted all. Rebooting. 

Note that you don't have to reboot the computer, just restart FSX.

Lol, okay was rebooting the pc. So far they are working and responding, great!

But, there spool down to idle times are not consistent and vary from application to application, idk why its not the same each time. 

Lol, okay was rebooting the pc. So far they are working and responding, great!

But, there spool down to idle times are not consistent and vary from application to application, idk why its not the same each time. 

I'll need to think about the spool down times question, don't have an answer right now.

So on to throttle 3. The address for throttle 3 is 0x09BC, and the control codes are 65974 (regular increment) and 65975 (small increment).  You will need the Joy and Btn #s for the throttle 3 reverse switch and need to use the correct function name.

I have 1-4 in and working !  :smile:

Should of mentioned that. 

Ah, wonderful!! I take it then you fixed the throttle4 script name under [Auto] in the FSUIPC.ini file. I had noticed last night it was still the original 'too-long' name.

As for the spool down time, when you put the engines in reverse, they rev up. If they rev up to different values each time because they are not always in reverse the same amount of time, might that account for the different spool down times?

Al

Ah, wonderful!! I take it then you fixed the throttle4 script name under [Auto] in the FSUIPC.ini file. I had noticed last night it was still the original 'too-long' name.

As for the spool down time, when you put the engines in reverse, they rev up. If they rev up to different values each time because they are not always in reverse the same amount of time, might that account for the different spool down times?

Al

THANK YOU Al!

THANK YOU Al!

You are very welcome Angelo -- glad we were finally able to get it working.

I've been reading a bit about that new PMDG 747 -- apparently quite an amazing a/c. Enjoy!

Clear skies,

Al

• Upvote 1