Sign in to follow this  
Pyrospeuz

No "volumetric" sound

Hi there

After installing I used ezdok to move around the Aircraft. What a beauty :)
But I noticed, that the sounds do not change with the movement. 
The APU sounds exactly the same when I stand in fromt of the aircraft als when I stand behind it. 
Is that normal? 
I think I saw some videos on youtube where she ambient sound changed whith respect to the position of the view. 

Any advice?
Thank you !

Hi Pyro?  Real names on this forum please.

Across the three engine types we have around two hundred and forty (yes 240!) sounds just for the outside view engines and many months were spent making them completely volumetric, and all of them vary realistically as you rotate around the aircraft at all thrust settings.

However, as you noticed, our custom panel sounds like the APU are currently stereo sounds only - there are probably 15 sounds like this that are currently stereo only in the outside view.  We are working on a new comprehensive custom engine sound system that is currently in progress, and this has prevented us from providing these handful of panel sounds with volumetric positioning in the current version ..... however they will arrive at some point! 

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer