Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

Nose wheel steering

Am enjoying the new QOS II in P3D, as I knew I would - being a long-time user of the NGX and 777.

I also recently purchased the FSL A320, which introduced an FSUIPC command that I was unfamiliar with called "steering set", assigned as a standard P3D axis, and which is used to emulate the nose wheel steering tiller. I have a CH Products 6-lever throttle quadrant, and also a Saitek 3-lever quadrant. I have long used one of the Saitek levers for spoiler control. When I purchased the FSL Bus, I assigned one of the other Saitek levers in FSUIPC to "steering set", and indeed it worked very nicely.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the "steering set" axis works perfectly with the Queen as well. I have never liked steering large aircraft on the ground with my rudder pedals - I always prefer to use a separate tiller when possible.

This may be old news to many who use FSUIPC - but new to me...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When you do this with the new queen doeS the rudder pedals only provide a few degrees of movement?

When you do this with the new queen doeS the rudder pedals only provide a few degrees of movement?

I'll check next time I fly it.

• Upvote 1