Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robert_S

Tom's Blog

Well, for whatever it is worth, I have set up a BLOG. Have no earthly clue as to what purpose it will serve (yet) and if you have any ideas, I interested in hearing them...You can see it here: tomsblog.avsim.netBe nice!!!

Oh no, not you too. I thought this was about the last place on the web safe from the blogging craze and there you have to go ruin it all!Good luck.

Guest Philip Olson

Hey Tom, I have a suggestion, you may find it boring but others would not. Post your daily, especially Avsim related activities on the BLOG. While to you the day in and day out activities that you perform for Avsim may seem boring but to those of us that do not know what goes on behind the scenes it would be fascinating, or at least give us a little more appreciation of what you all do. Personally I have found it interesting to find out just what other people do, for the most part people form an opinion based on what they know, which is very little most times, and they are completely wrong about just what that person does. Human nature is such that most everyone thinks that they know a quite a bit about things but unless they actually experience that thing first hand they actually know very little. It is a real eye opener to find out the truth. I would like to know more about what you do, a kind of behind the scenes of Avsim and Tom Allensworth would be very instructive I think. Of course you may not want to share all of this information but I would be interested. I really have no experience with BLOGS as I have little time to read much outside of my normal activities but this would be something that I would read regularly. Just a thought.Happy Holidays!Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Philip, good input... Someone else (anonymous) suggested that today on the blog and I will endeavor to do that. Just beware... too much information may bore the bejesus out of you! :)

Ummmm..I thought the Staff allowed Tom to have a Blog to keep him out of the day to day Avsim stuff... ;-)Jk... Saw the Blog, I like the layout Tom, as I am a definiate php fan.I think Philip's is a good idea that would find interest as well.Especially stories of when you fiddle with things, and the staff spends days cleaning up your endeavors. :-)Take care,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Philip Olson

Thanks Tom and Joe! To be honest Joe (don't tell Tom) I had the same idea pop up in my head when I was writing that post, we could hear first hand how Tom "improves" things for us! :-lol Sorry Tom, I could not resist ;-) I really look forward to reading about your exploits Tom, I have always wanted to know a little more about how Avsim runs and now I will get the chance. Thanks for listening!!!!!!!!!!!!Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest McFly

I have heard this term "Blog" now for a few months. Like. I'm supposed to know what it means.McFly

Guest Ken_Salter

ur teh l33t wit ur blog

It's a Bloated log of wood that people carve all kinds of stuff into that they want to tell other people.In the current digital age those logs are then digitised and portrayed as web pages.

Guest Ron Mashburn

I think it's a good idea, Tom... I have often wondered how you kept everything together... Meaning your family life,job,Avsim dutys and everything else... I do know about where you live because I spend a lot of time in the near area and you told me one time I could spit on you house from there.... It's quite a beautiful area!!! But after four plus year here myself, it be nice to know about a person most of us consider a friend online... So blog on...Ron Mashburn

Guest Robert_S

From what I have learned, blog is short for "weblog".And these days, you can read that as "web log" or "we blog".So I gotta say it... "WE BLOG FOR AVSIM!" :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003