Sign in to follow this  
Spidierox

GRound service vehicles

Hi,

I was wondering if the cargo loaders actually loads up the containers in to the airplane ?

if so, I must have missed this part (doing the preflight). How do you trigger the loading then? simply by changing the

cargo volume in FMC ?

Dieter

I had, but didn't see the cargo actually being loaded from the cargo vehicles...hence my question

But sorry for asking

In that case, if you didn't see it, it probably doesn't do it. I had a look at the manual and there is no indication that it would actually do this. The only thing that really changes is if you hit MAX or EMPTY in the FMC, the cargo containers in the plane are either there or they're not. If you hit RANDOM, it's hit or miss whether they're there or not. Keep hitting RANDOM and you'll see it eventually appear and disappear at random times. When you think about it, the plane is already pretty complex with a whole bunch of animations as it is, and I think I read somewhere in another thread that they had actually reached the animation limits.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Kevin, 

Tnx for the reply and clarification

I thought the loading was similar to GSX and I started to doubt with the old 747 if one could

see the container on the loader.

Anyway, I do see the cargo inside the acft

On PMDG web site there is manual from old 747. Is the new attached to the download package? I haven't seen one....Or I am looking at the wrong place....

It's in there. Somebody said it was under documentation in the Operations Center, but you can also go into your main simulator folder, then PMDG, PMDG 747 OOTS II, Flight Manuals.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.