Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

Is it BEV or not?

I don't think so, as it only replaces textures. I thought it was just me seeing this, and wondering what it is, and what is causing it. Have a look at the recent BEV review, look at these pictures:http://www.avsim.com/pages/1205/BEV/BEVn-Barnstable.jpgandhttp://www.avsim.com/pages/1205/BEV/BEVo-Boston.jpgDo you notice it? Look at the coastline. Then look at the extra outlines just beyond the coast which look like the land should extend out to these lines so that they are the coastline. Am I wrong about this? If I am what are these lines?I have them on most of my coast lines and lakes around Alaska, Canada and some parts of the USA.Any input from my fellow simmers is needed to either prove or disprove my insanity.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="4" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2][td width=500]Jason CYOO - Formerly MYNN[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][br /]

looks to me like the default scenery was not removed properly with an install of UT: USA and UT Canada/Alaska

The Ultimate Terrain forums are littered with hundreds of threads about this phenomenon. It is basically caused by clashing third party scenery.They also give a detainled explanation on why it happens and how to fix it.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Look under "double coast lines" in their forums.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Clashing coastlines, but not BEV... BEV doesn't do coastlines. BEV does textures. I must say, I was a bit surpised to see a problem like that in screenshots in a review.

Thats a good one, personally my favorite though, is the night shots... dont tell the reviewer there are no night textures in those packages yet. lol

Guest DK8290

Im sure these are from Ultimate Terrain. I too saw these shots ina BEV review and was mind-boggled as to why these pics would be shown in a review. They shouldn't have been shown in a review of BEV as it might give people the wrong impression.

but it wasn't from Captain Sim, not available in the avsim store, and they have no ad on here, so it isn't that important.