Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

To the MCE Devs

Hi MCE Devs and everyone,

I'm back once again to pose a question that I've never thought of asking.

As far as blind support features, what does MCE have currently? Is it just the screen narrative mode for reading the MCE Interface and MSATC menus?

I think I'll download the demo and give it a go. I just don't like being disappointed. I'm curious how the blind support, such as screen narrative mode, got implemented? Heck, I'd say to, perhaps, implement a blind support feature where the FO can assist in performing the landing proceedure below minimums, perhaps if the narrative screen mode is on. I'm just going off a rather old PDF that google found on the MCE website from 2011, so perhaps it's changed now.

There are addons that can do auto-landing, such as FS X Pilot, but lacks the personality of MCE. As I said in my previous thread, I'd love to fully land by voice, not necessarily have it land for me, in any supported MCE aircraft. If there's no way other than to auto-perform the operation and the FO takes complete control at some point, it may be best to add that as a blind support feature.

But, first, I'm curious what blind support features they're are currently? As I said, I know it's been started. I want to help finish it, or at least improve it, if possible.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi MCE Devs and everyone,

I'm back once again to pose a question that I've never thought of asking.

As far as blind support features, what does MCE have currently? Is it just the screen narrative mode for reading the MCE Interface and MSATC menus?

I think I'll download the demo and give it a go. I just don't like being disappointed. I'm curious how the blind support, such as screen narrative mode, got implemented? Heck, I'd say to, perhaps, implement a blind support feature where the FO can assist in performing the landing proceedure below minimums, perhaps if the narrative screen mode is on. I'm just going off a rather old PDF that google found on the MCE website from 2011, so perhaps it's changed now.

There are addons that can do auto-landing, such as FS X Pilot, but lacks the personality of MCE. As I said in my previous thread, I'd love to fully land by voice, not necessarily have it land for me, in any supported MCE aircraft. If there's no way other than to auto-perform the operation and the FO takes complete control at some point, it may be best to add that as a blind support feature.

But, first, I'm curious what blind support features they're are currently? As I said, I know it's been started. I want to help finish it, or at least improve it, if possible.

Besides UI made BVI friendly to some extent, you get...

- Notifications about what ATC options are available so you can talk to them if you wish

- FO can read instruments aloud on request. Things like "climbing, turning right, turning left, accelerating, descending etc...

- FO can assist with takeoff. 

I guess it's best to let the few BVI pilots list what features they use.