Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

FS2002 or 2004?

Guest SupraMan

I found a download for a Grumman Cheetah that works with Microsoft FS2002. Will that same plane work with FS2004? I have both versions of the software. I rent Cheetahs, so I would rather fly that plane in whatever simulator I use. I have a new computer and neither of the softwares have been installed yet.Any insight would be appreciated.Thanks, and Happy Holidays.Donald

Donald,I too fly a Grumman Cheetah and I have been looking without success for either a Cheetah or a Tiger that is designed for FS2004. If you do find one, please let us know. I will be happy to assist you by testing your Cheetah under FS2004 and reporting here the results. Just let me know the filename, and where you found it.Cheers,Robert

Guest SupraMan

I've found a Grumman Tiger (same plane) at two sites:I went to www.fsdome.comClick "Search & Database". Search for Tiger.Or go to www.avsim.comClick "File Library"Search for: TigerIn Category: Flight Simulator 2002 - Original AircraftThere is also a cheetah in Flight Simulator 2000 - Aircraft.I think I had to register at avsim.com before going into the File Library (different registration than their forums). I don't think I had to register at fsdome.com.If you could test it out for me, I'd be grateful.DonaldP.S. If you happen to own Fly II, you can find a Cheetah for it at avsim.com.

I downloaded this aircraft package for you so I could look at the contents. I am sorry to say it isn't really a FS2002 aircraft. It was designed with an old version of FSDS which was a product for FS2000 aircraft development. As is common, many authors throw the latest MSFS version on the aircraft title, but the package doesn't comply with the FS2002 SDK. There's no way to convert it unless the source (which the original author may still have) is converted to FSDS 2 or 3 then recompiled. I've seen shots of the Fly! Grumman, and it's a beautiful aircraft! Hope someone gives a Grumman attention someday for MSFS.-John

Guest SupraMan

Robert,Both sites show YOU to be the author of the plane.

G'day Robert,I'm the author of the Fly! II Grumman AA5 and if anyone who wishes to get data to make an aircraft for MSFS emails me I'll gladly assist.Cheers,Roger

Roger,Any idea if the source of the aircraft you created can be ported into GMAX? That may be a place to start...-John

G'day John,I'm a computer dummy! I did enquire about porting and was told that basically it would require as near as heck a complete rebuild.My model was built using Caligari's TrueSpace 3.2 which saves a scene as an *.scn file. The *.scn file contains heirarchy, animations and textures as well as the model. I don't know if Gmax can import such files. ( I don't have Gmax. )TrueSpace can save objects asCaligari Object *.cob3D Studio ASCII *.ascDirectX *.XAutocad *.dxfObject Animation *.canPlay Station *.rsdIf Gmax can import data in one of the above formats then I might be able to send the model in pieces to willing MSFS modeller. Of course the heirarchy, animations and texturing doesn't transfer with these formats so that would have to be redone in Gmax. The instrument panel and flight dynamics would have to be done from scratch.If anyone is interested then email me.Cheers,Roger

Guest FelixFFDS

>G'day John,>>I'm a computer dummy! I did enquire about porting and was>told that basically it would require as near as heck a>complete rebuild.>>My model was built using Caligari's TrueSpace 3.2 which saves>a scene as an *.scn file. The *.scn file contains heirarchy,>animations and textures as well as the model. I don't know>if Gmax can import such files. ( I don't have Gmax. )>>TrueSpace can save objects as>>Caligari Object *.cob>>3D Studio ASCII *.asc>>DirectX *.X>>Autocad *.dxf>>Object Animation *.can>>Play Station *.rsd>>>If Gmax can import data in one of the above formats then I>might be able to send the model in pieces to willing MSFS>modeller. Of course the heirarchy, animations and texturing>doesn't transfer with these formats so that would have to be>redone in Gmax. > The instrument panel and flight dynamics would have to be>done from scratch.>>If anyone is interested then email me.>>Cheers,>>RogerI've got TS4.2 as well, so I can handle the conversion easily.If you can provide the source file as a cob/dxf, it can be portedto FSDS3 or gmax easily.Will send you an e-mail separately.

G'day Felix,>I've got TS4.2 as well, so I can handle the conversion>easily.>>If you can provide the source file as a cob/dxf, it can be>portedto FSDS3 or gmax easily.>>Will send you an e-mail separately.Oontact me via the Avsim email with your email address and it will me my pleasure to help.Cheers,Roger

Guest GEEWNZ

My first real life flight traing experience was done in an AA-5, so I've been keeping an eye on this post with interest. Any further progress on this project to date?Cheers,Grant W.