Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

2D Cockpit for Queen of the Skies II

I have always flown the PMDG 747X in FSX using a 2D cockpit and drawing panels to other monitors. I hate panels popping up (quite unrealistic)  and not having a global overview over all the instruments in the cockpit at every time. The PMDG 777 came without 2D cockpit which prevented me from buying it. The PDMG 747 is my favourite aircraft and I definitely want to use the QOS II, so I bought it but didn't find a 2D cockpit so far. Cockpit view stays empty if I switch to it. I know that according to the OMDG homepage the P3D version doesn't provide a 2D cockpit, but the FSX manual of the QOSII mentions both the virtual and the 2D cockpit, so I 'm a little bit confused. Any help appreciated.

Mike Berchtold, Switzerland   

Cockpit view stays empty if I switch to it. I know that according to the OMDG homepage the P3D version doesn't provide a 2D cockpit, but the FSX manual of the QOSII mentions both the virtual and the 2D cockpit,

where  abouts  does  it state  this   since  the 747   and 777  are  the  same in fsx ,  maybe  you  have  misread the introduction manual  where its  states it has  2d  pop up panels?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

We at no point indicate that the 747 has a 2D cockpit. We stopped doing those back in the days of the NGX (the one that's in the NGX was added in a service pack after release, and it's not a full set).

Can you point to the line in the manuals where you might have been confused?

Kyle Rodgers