Sign in to follow this  
ha5mvo

copy existing presets

Hi,

Is there a way to import or copy existing camera positions into CP without needing to reconfigure them?

Every aircraft usualy comes with several preconfigured VC camera positions (e.g FO, pedestal etc.). For most part, I'm quite happy with them and would like to use them as CP presets as well.

so, how do I go about it?

Thanx

//Mike

Hi Mike,

If I understand your question correctly, I successfully imported presets from my PMDG 744 v3 into my PMDG 744F v3 and they worked just fine since the cockpit layout is the same.  Using the latest alpha (0.1.627), just click on the "Import Presets" arrow and select from aircraft you've already created CP presets for.  As for importing presets created in other camera systems, it is experimental, but give it a try.  Only imports the .ecs file format (EZDOK) at this time according to the notice in CP.

If I didn't understand, please clarify.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Thanks for your reply Doug,

I understand that importing ezdok presets is a viable option but all the options that are available (or at least that I managed to find) demand wideview which I prefer not to use....

What I actually was referring to are the default camera positions (the ones you have without any 3rd party cameras).

I'd assume that the default camera position on an FSLABS A320 or a PMDG 777 for Capt/FO is more accurate than anything I may set up arbitrarily.

Right now I start off with some default position set up by CP, move the camera about and save the positions that I *think* are most suitable.

when it comes to looking at the overhead or close-ups for certain instruments it makes no difference but if I want to set up the left or right seat viewpoint, I'm more inclined to rely on the developers settings than on my own.

thanks again,

//Mike

Hi, again, Mike.  Regarding your comment on not wanting to use WideViewAspect, thought I'd link you to a very informative (and techncial) YouTube video on the benefits (also linked in sticky in this forum).  You certainly have your reasons, which I respect, and I'm not trying to change your mind.  Just thought you may find it interesting.

Only thing I can think of is look at the aircraft.cfg settings from the aircraft you'd like to replicate and see if you can mimic them in CP.  It will no doubt require some fiddling.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64