Sign in to follow this  
vikelu22

loss sound

Howdy folks

quick question ive seem to have loss all my flight deck sounds in the 747 cant hear anything but the engines , all the sounds all the way up. cross refrenced the defaquly payplack devices and all are the same output device

?

any ideas

was working when i departed but now im landing and dont have any sound effects inside.

Cheers

christopher

Im having the same issue on takeoff. All sound stops except a faint high pitch whine of the engines at full power. cockpit sounds return just off the end of the runway at about the same moment the wheels leave the ground. Hopefully this can be tweaked. Im using the UPS 400F livery. Also experience at kernel32 crash about 15 seconds after I exist FSX only after Ive use this baby. I try everything the same with both the 777 and the NGX and FSX closes normally with no kernel32 crash when I close FSX. Kinda a mystery to me. Tabs any thoughts?

Michael Gruesen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgyeEIP.gif

<sim root>\PMDG\747 folder

Find the options.ini

Delete it

Fly and see if the issue is still there.

Kyle Rodgers

Sound problem fixed, thanks Kyle! Any thoughts on the kernel32 crash I get about 15 secs after I close FSX. This is only occurring after using the queen. I've tried the NGX and 777 with the exact same variables ie airport, weather, flight plan etc and I don't get the kernel32 crash. Is this a VAS related thing?

Michael Gruesen

I doubt it. If you're surviving until the end of a session, it's doubtful that it's VAS. VAS problems would cause the sim to crash before you want it to.

Are you changing your sound devices around mid-flight?

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle for your help. No sound device switching throughout. Seems to be only after the Queen is used. I say that with great hesitation because I know when folks say that it is often not accurate but it seems to be the case here. I've tried about all the other planes and it doesn't happen. I guess I'm bringing it up also in case knowing this could help you guys tweek the performance and work thru other CTDs reports...

Thanks again...any other ideas would be appreciated. Could my kernal32 file be corrupt itself? How would I fix this?

Michael Gruesen

Kernel32 errors aren't usually errors with the dll itself. It's usually program incompatibilities of some sort.

The vast majority of people aren't having any issues here. The only performance issues noted so far are either on systems lower than the min specified on our page, or are caused by sound device changes (fixed for a future update). What other programs are you running while using our aircraft?

Kyle Rodgers