Sign in to follow this  
glider1

Avatar vehicle crashes MCE in P3D34

When I switch to the Avatar vehicle (not the avatar mode but the actual model of the Avatar) which is a legitimate aircraft in P3D, MCE crashes. Is that because there is no definition for the Avatar vehicle? Should I make one myself?

Thanks in advance

On 2/20/2017 at 7:17 AM, glider1 said:

When I switch to the Avatar vehicle (not the avatar mode but the actual model of the Avatar) which is a legitimate aircraft in P3D, MCE crashes. Is that because there is no definition for the Avatar vehicle? Should I make one myself?

Thanks in advance

Sorry Glider1, didn't mean to ignore you.

Couldn't trigger the crash when switching to Avatar mode just as you stated. 

Could you outline the steps you've taken (for instance how to switch to Avatar vehicle), and hopefully we can see it here.

Thanks FS++.

In P3D you have the option of switching to avatar view which works fine in MCE. In my previous post I called this "avatar mode". Avatar view is a controllable external view. I think MCE still thinks it is controlling the aircraft you are in when you are in avatar view and so it is happy.

What crashes MCE is when you go to the scenario screen and select the Avatar as an aircraft. In this selection, avatar enters the simulation as if it were an aircraft. Once you are in the simulation, MCE very quickly crashes as soon as you do anything with it.

Avatar aircraft is used by some external apps to control the camera views before switching to a real aircraft with wings. It is one of the default aircraft in P3D.