Sign in to follow this  
btacon

How could hundreds of thousands die?

This is a CNN slideshow of pictures taken by a member of a Canadian couple who stood still and snapped shots right up until the wave came. View it if you choose, don

While those are certainly nice sentiments, these pictures have been on the front page of almost every site I've visited today and I suspect most of the forum members have seen them as well.I hope to visit this forum expecting to find something other than another reminder of this tragedy. There has to be some escape--some place where others don't dictate what we should feel and see and hear. After a while it diminishes the tragedy into a sound byte. This thread was two months old and I don't feel an anniversary "reminder" is warranted just to bump it up again.Nuff said...-John

Guest j-mo

>...these pictures have been on the front page of almost every site I've visited today and I suspect most of the forum members have seen them as well.I surf the web quite a bit, but I had not seen this before.>There has to be some>escape--some place where others don't dictate what we should>feel and see and hear. He's not dictating. He stated up front: "View it if you choose, don

Thanks Alex,I realize in retrospect what I said was harsh, and your response was very well worded and shows another point of view.I should note that I clicked on the thread from outside the forum from the main forum browser. Since Braun's follow up began with Canadian, I clicked on the link from the main browser somewhat expecting an aviation thread related to Canada. Those topics interest me quite a bit, since between '97 and '00 I spent more time working in Canada than the States. I'd move there, but it's too dang cold. For someone who lives in Arizona, anyway :)-John

"I'd move there, but it's too dang cold. For someone who lives in Arizona, anyway :)"Well as a Canadian, I can tell you it ain't so bad...but what do I know? I live in Oregon!!!Cheers,bt

Guest j-mo

>For someone who lives in Arizona, anyway :)Hello, John-No problem. :-beerchug BTW, I'm a fellow Phoenician!