Sign in to follow this  
usaboy

Blurry and out of focus textures

Looking for the best AM for my system I found that any setting which does not include Core 0 is doomed to eventual blurries.  The one core that stays high is the primary rendering core for P3D.  The other cores would seem to do all the calcs and data transfers that seem to feed it. There seems to be a consensus that 4-5 cores max is where P3D performs the best which would seem to backup the non-primary cores feeding the primary which is limited to one core and can only do so much, otherwise it would be the more the merrier.  When all are pegged at 100% for extended periods you're on the road to getting behind and blurries.  Also,  if I'm high on VAS usage again blurries are inevitable.

Reducing the data requirement would seem to be the option to best address both of these.  I took on the horrendous task of removing duplicate airports from add-ons.   Airport scanner is great tool for this, I just really wish it had more options like a click hear to disable airport duplicate files from this(these) folder('s) or export airport list from this(these) folder('s) so you could script your own corrections.  If that still doesn't do it, dropping vector and UTX options will be the next step.