Sign in to follow this  
Simjockey

WAMA Date and Time

Hi Oliver,

I have the impression that when I select an aircraft, the time in the simulator (I'm unsure if the date behaves this way - I couldn't check) will change to the time that the aircraft position was originally saved (I setup the sim to 7am local time but in the aircraft after loading the sun was definitely in the East).  Realistically you are going to return to an aircraft at a later point in time - perhaps after a quick cup of coffee or perhaps days or even weeks later - would it be possible to select a date and time prior to getting into an aircraft.

I tried to alter the date/time of my flights after selecting an aircraft in WAMA, but P3Dv3 crashed (CTD) when I attempted to change date & time via the Scenario or the Season/Time menu options - the dialog boxes never appeared.  The sim doesn't crash when entering these menu options if I haven't started and connected WAMA so use of the program is a bit limited at the moment.

Regards.

Paul Davies.

Paul Davies.

Hi Paul,

normally WAMA should overwrite the date and time with your current simulator values. It constantly monitors the simulator time, and after the loading process has completed, it is supposed to set it back to the "live" value, overwriting the time in the saved flight.

Come to think of it - due to the lag when loading, it would probably be a better solution anyway, to overwrite the date and time right in the saved flight file, so the simulator only has to load once. I will look into this.

Why P3D would crash I am not sure - I will try that too when I am back at my P3D system.

LORBY-SI

Hin Paul,

I come from running a test cycle with WAMA 1.01.b17 on FSX:SE and P3D 3.4.18.19475, checking specifically for the time setting.

Sorry, but I cannot find any fault with WAMA - no matter how I access aircraft through WAMA, the time is always the same after the loading is completed as it was before I triggered the event ("Enter"/"Leave"/"I want to fly this aircraft" and selecting from the in-sim menu).

My P3D never crashes either, I can access the dialog "World/Time and Season" just fine - and change the values.

I must be missing a step somewhere!? Is there some other addon in play in your sim that might interfere?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

... a follow-up to this.

I think the issue here is, that WAMA uses ZULU time. If you are on an airport in America and call up a saved position in Europe, the time will be set to ZULU again - which, for example, may turn day into night.

Would it be more convenient to use local time? So when you have 15:00 in NewYork and call up a plane in Rome it should still be 15:00 - local? I could make that setting optional too.

Edit: so I went ahead and implemented that in WAMA 1.02. With that version you will be able to set time of day (local or zulu) for every aircraft that you load automatically or manually.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver, thanks for getting back to me.  I note that you can't replicate my problems and no others have reported similar.  I have uninstalled the first version of WAMA and will reinstall with the newer update and report back to you with my findings.

Paul Davies.

Edited by Simjockey
Adding name.

Paul Davies.