Sign in to follow this  
HullWashOut

How to install Piper on p3d

Guys,

I'm new to simming, 30mins ago I downloaded the piper archer from carenado. I didn't think to check if it was compatible with P3D in clearly says FSX. Is there any way I can get this plane in to P3D?

Cheers

Danny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 minutes ago, HullWashOut said:

Guys,

I'm new to simming, 30mins ago I downloaded the piper archer from carenado. I didn't think to check if it was compatible with P3D in clearly says FSX. Is there any way I can get this plane in to P3D?

Cheers

Danny

Danny, I've been using the Estonia Migration Tool to install legacy aircraft, scenery, and utilities (VoxATC) into P3d. The name of the tool is somewhat deceptive. You do not have to have FSX installed for it to work (in fact, I've found I'm less likely to make a mistake without multiple simulators installed). The price is pretty reasonable considering it makes years of accumulated FSX addons available in P3d. 

21 hours ago, HullWashOut said:

I have did have steam? Does it capture that?

It will only install software that could be installed into FSX (the short answer). It works by "tricking" the software into believing P3d is FSX. Many people have come up with ways to do this on their own, creating fake FSX.exe files in their P3d folder. There are a lot of similar edits, including registry changes required to make it work. The tool does all of that for you, but only works for software that would install into FSX. It should work on your Piper Archer, as well as any other Carendo FSX planes you have.