Sign in to follow this  
Fax

Just bought PMDG Boeing 737 (Having problems)

11 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This is an indication that something is interfering with FlexNet. Are you absolutely sure you don't have some sort of anti-virus/spyware/adware/etc program installed?

Yes, when I was in the control panel to reinstall it I meanwhile went through the list to make sure that I dont have any anti-virus/spyware/adware. 

13 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Doubtful, but it might. Make sure to remove it via Add/Remove Programs (through the control panel), and then when you reinstall, make sure you run the installer as an administrator (right click, run as administrator).

After reinstalling the game the same problem occurs sadly. I really have no clue what could be wrong, I am sorry that I can't help so much :/ I really appreciate your help though. 

Is it only Gyazo pictures you cant see on your comp? Will it help if I post it in Imgur? 

I send a link anyway with some pictures of some things that might give some clues: 

That skeletal aircraft thing is often caused by FSX loading up stuff in the background as it cranks up. MS designed FSX to do that so that it would start up quicker, however, if you have a load of fancy add-ons for your copy of FSX, or a computer with a limited amount of memory or some such, what it can cause is there being not enough free memory for the load screen to show your aeroplane properly, especially if it is a fancy one like the PMDG 737 NG. To solve that problem, you can open up your FSX config file and add the line:

[Main]
DisablePreload=1

You can do that with any text editor (typically you'd right click on the config file and open it up with Notepad). If you are not sure where to find your config file, it is likely to be located somewhere like this:

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

and the file you are looking for is: fsx.cfg

If you are unsure about editing it, make a quick back up copy of it and put it somewhere safe so you can undo what you edit easily.

To answer your other question incidentally: Yup, you will find that the Steam Edition of FSX (aka FSX-SE) will run much better than an older boxed version of FSX. It has some memory fixes and other tweaks which make it run better and it includes all of the other stuff which MS brought out for FSX (i.e. the Acceleration add-on, the stuff which was in the Gold and Deluxe boxed versions of FSX and the service packs). If you hang on, it often goes on sale on Steam for a fiver, otherwise it normally costs 19.99, which is actually pretty good value considering what you get for that price.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for the help guys!

Bought the Steam version and it worked instantly... Weird huh? However, thanks again for taking time to help me!

Filip Lind