Fax

Just bought PMDG Boeing 737 (Having problems)

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

I just bought the PMDG Boeing 737 and I am very excited to start flying. After the installation I started FSX and choose the new airplane but this is what happens: 

https://gyazo.com/cf5d4609d93c6893d78e5ef5bcfb5497

And when I enter the game the plane looks like that... And on top of that the panel is all black and no buttons are working :( 

Any solutions? Please help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Mr. Fax,  Just a couple of facts, you need to sign your full name in any Posts and it is abundantly clear you have not read fully the instructions that accompany the 737ngx.  I respectfully suggest that if you read the Manuals provided you will see that there is a lot of help within.  You will learn a lot and eventually over a period of time, feel free to Post questions that you feel don't provide an answer in the Manuals.  Welcome to the Forum. Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may be missing some entries in the FSX.cfg file and/or check boxes in FSX.  As Richard said, please read the Introductory manual's installation instructions.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys,  I am sorry for not checking the manuals first. I could not find them since they came in a totaly other folder. However, I am not reading and trying to solve it :) I might ask again if I cant solve it myself :P

Filip Lind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fax said:

Thanks guys,  I am sorry for not checking the manuals first. I could not find them since they came in a totaly other folder. However, I am not reading and trying to solve it :) I might ask again if I cant solve it myself :P

Filip Lind 

[EDIT: See my post two below this one.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm guessing you're either using FSX:Steam or P3D.

He's using FSX Box -- take a look at the screen shot he supplied.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike777 said:

He's using FSX Box -- take a look at the screen shot he supplied.

Can't on this comp. Yay firewalls.

 

In that case, it means that FlexNet has been disabled, and/or he has a third party virus scanner that's getting in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Can't on this comp. Yay firewalls.

 

In that case, it means that FlexNet has been disabled, and/or he has a third party virus scanner that's getting in the way.

His screen shot shows a very skeletal aircraft in the Free Flight/opening FSX window.  Not HiMem or Advanced Animations?

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the answers! 

It I dont use any type of virus scanner so I guess it is FlexNet that is the problem then... Any tip how I can see if its disabled? 

/Filip Lind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fax said:

Any tip how I can see if its disabled? 

Start Menu > Type "services.msc" (no quotes) and hit enter

Look for FlexNet in the list. Ensure that it is set to manually start.

2 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Not HiMem or Advanced Animations?

Skeleton would be the result of not having highmem, but the unresponsive panels definitely isn't. And FlexNet being disabled is the primary concern. I'll knock the rest out thereafter, if other items are unresolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fax said:

Sorry, didn't solve it :/ 

Okay. Have you read the Intro as the others have suggested to ensure that you have the simulator properly set up?

Please be as specific as possible as to what you have, or have not done. As an example:

"I went into the services window. FlexNet was already set to manually start. When I went into the sim, the panels were still unresponsive."

I know that sounds overly specific, but I'm playing chess in the dark here, as I cannot see your computer, what you're doing, or what anything looks like unless you tell me. Help me help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I understand, sorry.

I went to the services.msc and FlexNet was already set to Manually start but it wasent running. Should I make it start or leave it? 

I now went into the game and the aircraft is still a skeleton and the panel is all black and I can't press any buttons. Will reinstalling help you think? For example I never had to type the Serial code when I installed the program. Can the problem be that its not patched or anything? 

Filip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Okay. Have you read the Intro as the others have suggested to ensure that you have the simulator properly set up?

Please be as specific as possible as to what you have, or have not done. As an example:

"I went into the services window. FlexNet was already set to manually start. When I went into the sim, the panels were still unresponsive."

I know that sounds overly specific, but I'm playing chess in the dark here, as I cannot see your computer, what you're doing, or what anything looks like unless you tell me. Help me help you.

Btw, do you think getting FSX (steam version) will solve this matter? Becuase if thats the case I can buy it right away on steam.

Filip

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fax said:

For example I never had to type the Serial code when I installed the program.

This is an indication that something is interfering with FlexNet. Are you absolutely sure you don't have some sort of anti-virus/spyware/adware/etc program installed?

22 minutes ago, Fax said:

Will reinstalling help you think?

Doubtful, but it might. Make sure to remove it via Add/Remove Programs (through the control panel), and then when you reinstall, make sure you run the installer as an administrator (right click, run as administrator).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now