Sign in to follow this  
JetManHuss

The VSKYLABS Phoenix Air Phoenix Project

Hi!

You are right. The Phoenix's 3d model is consuming more resources that the EuroFOX, having it set to a high-poly level and textures resolution than of the EuroFOX. Lower-end CPU's/GPU's will struggle a bit, especially when using high rendering settings in X-Plane 11.

The upcoming update will deal with optimizations.

9 minutes ago, JetManHuss said:

The upcoming update will deal with optimizations.

That's great! hopefully you'll be able squeeze some more performance out of it. I'm running an i5 clocked at 4.4ghz and a GTX1060, which up till now has coped quite well with most scenarios and settings I fly with. This is the first time its really bogged-down for me.

Just now, Novation said:

That's great! hopefully you'll be able squeeze some more performance out of it. I'm running an i5 clocked at 4.4ghz and a GTX1060, which up till now has coped quite well with most scenarios and settings I fly with. This is the first time its really bogged-down for me.

Not to worry!

You will notice a huge improvement.

In 24 hours (or even earlier) I will release the update.

3 minutes ago, JetManHuss said:

You will notice a huge improvement.

In 24 hours (or even earlier) I will release the update.

Wonderful news, thank you! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, JetManHuss said:

Up to 70% increase of FPS!

:cool:

Look forward to getting the update later.

Hi all,

v002 was just released, featuring an optimization FIX for higher FPS performance.

The update was pushed automatically to all buyers.

JetManHuss.

22 minutes ago, JetManHuss said:

The update was pushed automatically to all buyers.

Thanks very much JetManHuss :)

I can confirm the performance increase. In a test scenario I was getting 17-19fps and now I'm getting 29-33fps.

Its now a joy to fly :cool:

This is great :)

I thought I'll find the solution for the rather low FPS in a week or so, but decided to release the initial version as it is today...but then it came to a solution much faster then I thought, so...it was the fastest update release ever ;)

• Upvote 2

Loving this! Finding lift and going up using the terrain and other factors is so satisfying, and if I lose it there are ways out :laugh:

Not as good as the promo shots, but I just added a few to the screen shots forum.

46 minutes ago, Novation said:

Loving this! Finding lift and going up using the terrain and other factors is so satisfying, and if I lose it there are ways out :laugh:

Not as good as the promo shots, but I just added a few to the screen shots forum

Your screenshots are amazing.

Thanks! :)

14 hours ago, Novation said:

Not as good as the promo shots, but I just added a few to the screen shots forum.

Total glider noob here, how do I go about 'finding lift'? Any simple tutorials out there?

23 hours ago, AnsorgJ said:

Total glider noob here, how do I go about 'finding lift'? Any simple tutorials out there?

This post that Chock wrote helped me; click below to open it. I have been successful in staying aloft for as long as I wish without using the engine, and its great fun.

Hi all!

A MAJOR UPDATE was just released, bringing the package to version v004.

The real-life Phoenix U-15 is coming with two sets of wingtips: An extended wingtip that gives it a 15 meter wingspan (49 foot), and also a short wingtip, that turns it into an 11 meter span (36 foot). With the short tips on, it is more an airplane-like, a bit faster, more maneuverable, but it is still a glider (S-LSA certification wise).

Version v004 is now including the additional sets of wingtips:
Switching between the extended and the short wingtips is made by a simple of a mouse. (flight dynamics model and 3D model are biased so it turns practically into a 36 foot span aircraft in X-Plane).

Here is a link to a video that demonstrates how it is done in the real thing (00:01:54 in the video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FrUgIYSGYI&t=121s

Here some screenshots, showing the Phoenix with the extended/short wing tips:

vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+u15+017.jpg
vskylabs+phoenix+lsa+u15+016.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+u-15+switch+wingtips+01.jpg

vskylabs+phoenix+u-15+switch+wingtips+02.jpg