Sign in to follow this  
roostewart6

New PC, Fresh Install, Flying around AUS

Gday Avsim Team, new member and first post.  Firtly thanks to all who have contributed here, the forum has solved half a dozen or more issues already for me.

After finally getting a proper pc setup after purchasing FSX almost a decade ago, Ive gone head first into it. Done the tweaks as suggested in the AVSIM basic FSX pdf. added some orbx and Ozx scenery and wondering if this picture below is the best im going to get for flying around victoria Australia.  Im yet to get FTX global, thats next i think.  But wondering if anyone can provide me with some info on improving the sights flying around Australia

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aj_1itV5b7_GiW2cmT69nZutKsj2

Cheers Andrew

• Upvote 1

Great looking screenshot...love the natural lighting...ORBX custom airports are very nice to have!

HLJAMES

blob:http://imgur.com/4abea7a1-b09c-450a-90d7-7502a7aae436

finally got the picture to post!... So back to my original question, what can i do to improve this scenery around Melbourne Vic AUS.?

PC specs,

i7-6700 CPU @ 4.00GHZ 16 GB Ram

SSD 850EVO 500 GB

NVIDIA  GeFORCE GTX1080

3 X 27inch Samsung Monitors

and currently running ORBX AUS and some OZx addons.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Whats worse is that it's not Australia it's landclass scenery...library of phoney autogen color and texture...I have that scenery too...It's best to load up on airports and pretend you are in Australia!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply HLJAMES, so are you suggesting, ORBX Melbourne Moorabbin and Avalon airports etc?? Is there anything else I can do?  Maybe Newport - Photo Real Melbourne X??

Appreciate your help, there's a lot of stuff out there and difficult to filter through it all.

Get orbx Australia, and orbx YMML etc....

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

1 hour ago, roostewart6 said:

Thanks for the reply HLJAMES, so are you suggesting, ORBX Melbourne Moorabbin and Avalon airports etc?? Is there anything else I can do?  Maybe Newport - Photo Real Melbourne X??

Appreciate your help, there's a lot of stuff out there and difficult to filter through it all.

If you really want to see what is there the Photo Real Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth/Sydney would work well but may not give you a decent airport...ORBX YMML Melbourne Intl. V3 you would love this....

The ORBX region, Photoscenery and ORBX airport could all be active in your scenery library together....If you didn't like the photoscenery you could turn it off in the scenery library without rebooting.

HLJAMES

Thanks again for the quick replies,  I'm looking into the Melbourne photo real scenery and ORBX Melbourne Moorabbin and Avalon airports as we speak.   Are there any terrain add ons for Australia like GEX or Ultimate Terrain, I've done some searches but seem to be coming to a dead end.

Cheers

Just an Update,

Added FTX Global last week, must say I haven't spotted a major difference really. Maybe once I add FTX Global Vector, I'll notice changes more. 

Question

Ive been looking into REX to add some more realism, but got into a little confusion.

Whats the difference, (other than the weather engine) between REX Essential PLUS w/OverDrive  and REX 4 | Texture Direct HD ??

They seem to be very similar in their descriptions    http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?cPath=2_82_98   

Can they be used alongside each other?

Are they worth the effort?

Much damage to Frame Rates?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers