Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

Canadian Airlines Paint Request

Hello to all painters!

Here is one more request for you to file in your "to do" lists, with the hope that you will actually place it in the "to do quickly" lists!

Canadian Airlines had a beautiful B747, registration C-GMWW, a -475 model, with the "Canadi>n" logo, (so that it would read the same in English, "Canadian", and in French, "Canadien").

It also had a beautiful large dark blue Canada Goose graphic covering the rear of the fuselage onto the tail.

it would be great to fly it from Vancouver to Toronto!!

Many thanks and regards,

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Just in case you are not aware, PMDG has already done two very nice Canadi>n liveries.  One already in the C-GMWW registration.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Thank you Rick!!

I wasn't. I quite obviously (and embarrassingly) missed them. There are so many liveries painted by PMDG!

Going to find it, download it and fly that CYVR-CYYZ this weekend.

Thank you!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Hello again Rick!

"Found" them. Thanks again.

Interstingly enough, C-GMWW is painted in the "old colours" circa 1990, while C-FCRA is painted with the last version (the one I mentioned) circa 1999. Canadian Airlines ceased operations in 2001.

I think that I will postpone the flight to Monday night or Tuesday morning. A winter storm is being forecasted for us here in Toronto.

A good opportunity to hone those IFR/ILS/etc skills!

Many regards,

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Glad you found it.

I'm currently in flight from Toronto to Vancouver with the mighty 747 Canadian Airlines 1999 livery. It's one of my favorites. It was windy leaving CYYZ but not too bad.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Hello again, Rick!

Here is a story that I found very interesting and hopefully you'll enjoy while you fly away to CYVR.

it is the story of the aircraft you are flying.

i am, originally, from Bolivia so naturally, I have a soft spot for Bolivian liveries.

Steve Drabek has helped me several times, to sate the need for those liveries, with wonderful paints going back to FS2004 days.

I, obviously!, downloaded the gorgeous "Super Torisimo" of Aerosur, CP-2603, painted by Gustavo Aguilar for the QOTS II.

now for the aircraft you are flying. It's history goes like this:

C-FBCA with Canadian, from Apr/92

C-FBCA with Air Canada, from Mar/01

N971PG with Pegasus Aviation from Dec/02

LV-ALJ with Aerolineas Argentinas from Jan/04

CP-2711 with Aerosur (!!) for a short stint from Apr/12. They just painted over the Aerolineas logo on the fuselage and painted "Aerosur" on top of it. Tail, engines, etc., remained the dark blue of Aerolineas Argentinas.

N971PG with Sky Holding Company from Oct/12

Isn't it a great story and history for an aircraft?

safe landing!

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Interesting Story of that aircraft. Thanks for sharing.

Rick Verhallen