Sign in to follow this  
Houndy

Using VOX-ATC

Hi Folks,

I am trying to use Vox-ATC with MCE. I have set up the INI file to mute instructions to the co-pilot. When I run MCE the ATC tab shows the default ATC. How do I set up MCE to only use VOX ATC.

Sorry to ask but I cannot see any comprehensive instructions on how to set these up to work together. Can see RC4 and PFE. Any help will be useful. Looking forward to taking advantage of the potential of MCE.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Houndy said:

Hi Folks,

I am trying to use Vox-ATC with MCE. I have set up the INI file to mute instructions to the co-pilot. When I run MCE the ATC tab shows the default ATC. How do I set up MCE to only use VOX ATC.

Sorry to ask but I cannot see any comprehensive instructions on how to set these up to work together. Can see RC4 and PFE. Any help will be useful. Looking forward to taking advantage of the potential of MCE.

Thanks.

MCE doesn't interface VoxATC. You just need to tell it about Vox so the FO doesn't try to interpret your ATC speech.

If using a joystick button for PTT, assign one as if to be used with native ATC. Then edit "mce.ini" [GAMEPAD] section to set "UseWithVoxATC=1"

Disable the "Talk to ATC controllers" feature in "general" tab of the UI.

Restart MCE, and from then on, when you hold PTT button down, MCE will assume you're talking to a non-supported ATC system (VoxATC, Vatsim or other) and will suspend all speech reco until you release it.

MCE FO can remind you the VoxATC assigned callsign should you forget it. Just ask "confirm our call-sign".

I have just been setting up Vpilot to use with our VA's FSD, I have followed the above steps ands my FO still picks up my voice and dials in headings. FL's etc.

Is there anything else I could try?

Rob

1 hour ago, Helix1250 said:

I have just been setting up Vpilot to use with our VA's FSD, I have followed the above steps ands my FO still picks up my voice and dials in headings. FL's etc.

Is there anything else I could try?

Rob

Using joystick button or keyboard key (which one) for transmission?

Sorry I should have said, I'm using a button on my saitek cessna yoke. Button 1

Rob

EDIT: I have worked out what I was doing wrong, I had been using PF3. What I needed to do was select default ATC and then activate it, then in Disable the "Talk to ATC controllers" in the general tab.

I guess it was caused by me not activating the Default ATC before unchecking talk to ATC option.

Anyway its now working :) Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Rob