Sign in to follow this  
Gixxar

Exporting as .TXT

When I export as a .TXT, all it produces is ICAO SID STAR ICAO, and not the full flight plan? I'm using the Jardesign A320. I have included a sample flight plan exported by EFASS.

EFASS:- KDCA SID DEALE V379 GRACO J150 AGARD V44 SIE STAR KJFK

P2ATC:- KDCA SID STAR KJFK

Lee

Here's what I get from P2A after manually inputting the flight plan and doing the export to .txt format:

KDCA SID DEALE V379 GRACO J150 AGARD V44 SIE STAR KJFK

How did you enter the flight plan into P2A?

Dave

That explains it.

Auto Plan only adds SIDs,STARs and Approaches to the existing plan.  It does not plan the entire route.

You can use the PFPX option in the FP Import screen to import the text string you got from EFASS, then use Auto Plan to add the SID, STAR and Approach if you want them in the plan.

Or you can do your planning in P2A, export to the .txt format and then import into your FMS, skipping EFASS altogether.

Dave

Do you have to manually enter each way-point or is there a way to get a route by entering just the start and end ICAO? 

If you want the waypoints and airways, then that's where PFPX, EFASS, or any one of many web based flight planning tools come in.  You can enter airways with on-off waypoints in P2A, but letting the web based tools do it for you is a bit easier.

You can then import the output of EFASS to P2A.

See the User's guide starting on page 45 for instructions on how to import, but I tested importing your EFASS output above and it work fine.  Just select PFPX as the source of the plan.

Dave

Thanks Dave for all you help. Loving P2ATC. Not sure if you have seen the discussion on X-Plane.org about World Traffic integration? That would be awesome for us XP users.

Lee