Sign in to follow this  
Camsdad13

I need to talk this out :)

I need to vent. I decided to upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro. My hardware is fairly current. I7 6700k, Asus z170 deluxe MB. 16 mb of Corsair Dominator ram. Nividia 1070 GPU. I use FS2004 still because The panels I use for the planes I like don't work in FSX. Gauge and panel designers seem to be less than what we use to have in our hobby.

Ok back to the upgrade... I installed Windows 10 professional. I immediately get a thread exception error. Tried everything in the book to recover, every dos command, repair disks, nothing worked. I called Microsoft support. I don't think I need to go further in explaining how that went. I do a reinstall and use the driver disk that came with my relatively new MB. I get the same error again. It appears to be a conflict with Asus software and Windows 10. So I'm forced to do another clean install of Windows 10 and have to reinstall the gazillion add ons I have for FS9. 3 days of reinstalling, 

then comes the other frustrating part. Software keys.... Some of the software needs new keys issued or I can't find the key. I cannot log onto Aerosoft apparently they changed their store a bit. I figured maybe I used a different password so I hit forgot pass word. Said it sent me an email. Multiple times never got the email. I checked spam filters and junk email. Nothing,... so I sent two emails to support explaining what's happening and haven't heard back.  Radar Contact, you have to have a new key with reinstall. There is a internal request for a new key in the software. I do that. No response. Send an email. No response. Reply to a previous email from the developer and no response. I posted on the forum and hopefully I get a new key today.  There are more issues like this that I've had. I think you get my point. 

Next thing is I decided to buy FS Global 2010 mesh . On the Pilots website they list it as working with FS9 and have a link to download from the FS Store. I buy it and it doesn't work with FS9.... I don't use P3d or FSX. They list in the middle of the page that the download version doesn't work with FS9 despite up top very big that it works with FS9...  

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=13a73ca7-ca5a-4035-9a4d-23fff3874c8f

I request support and again crickets, probably money wasted. It seems that the level of service from payware companies has declined quite a bit over the years. My simming  goes back to 1986. While reinstalling I found my BAO Flightshop disk. 

Hopefully things get better.