Sign in to follow this  
ruccid

Reality damage/wear and tear for FSX

Fellow Simmers,

Does any one know of a product out there that can be added to Carenado aircraft to simulate wear and tear/aging/damage, and work in FSX?  I found a product called Reality Expansion Pack that is being build for Carenado aircraft, however it is only for X-plane.  I really enjoy the realistic effects created by Accusim in the A2A aircraft, and since the Carenado c337 and TBM are two of my favorite aircraft, I was hoping to enhance their simulation abilities. 

Thanks for any information!!!

Try this, RealEngine v1.1 - Realistic Piston Engine Enhancement:

http://simviation.com//simviation/index.php?type=item&ID=69&page=16

Or you can try things such as Air Hauler, which puts wear and tear on your fleet, makes you have to pay for servicing, fuel etc, can cause landing damage, write offs (if you really land badly) etc.

If you want an FSX aeroplane which does that sort of thing better than any other, including any A2A one, then check out this one. It's about as close as you can get to having to look after a real aeroplane. You have to service it regularly, you can do pretty much everything with that which you'd have to do on the real aircraft to insane levels of realism, i.e. you can pick what type of oil you put in the thing, you can lose the oil cap if you forget to put it back on properly, when you drain the oil, you even see it filling the drip tray (in real time), and everything you do, whether it is wiping the dirt off or whatever, is similarly detailed (and takes time to do). Pretty much everything on the aeroplane can be damaged/serviced, it even gets dirty over time and has things like dead bugs accumulating on the windscreen etc. It's a maintenance obsessive's dream come true. You will learn to hate servicing things with it, just like real aeroplanes lol:

http://www.aerosoft.com/us/FSXP3D/Flight-Simulator-X/Aircraft/1717/Diamond-DA20-100-Katana-4X

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Chock.  I've worked with RealEngine but haven't found where I can configure wear & tear persistence.  I've been looking into the Maintenance and Income Tool freeware, which does have a persistence feature.

Thanks for the insight!!