Sign in to follow this  
debarba

Flight startup problem / flight plan questions

I've been using 7.2 for about a week now and like what I see as far as VFR improvements. I had an issue (one time only) where I started a flight and it put me in the parking location I had saved. But it also put another aircraft in the same spot. I was fine until I tried to taxi then the FSX crash, etc. When the flight reset, there was still a small plane in the same spot but a different one (same type, different color). Instead of trying to taxi, I moved my aircraft via the menu to another ramp and all was fine.

I'm curious if you can do a few things...can you cancel a VFR flight plan while enroute then divert to another airport that's nearby? I can contact the RCO but don't know the words to cancel the flight plan, if they exist. As far as diverting, if I tune another tower not on my flight plan, the only option for something to say is "disregard". Is it possible to make contact and ask for landing clearance even though the airport is not on the flight plan? Also, how do you stop traffic advisories with a center? Again, contact works fine but what has to be said to end advisories? What if I never activate a flight plan...will I always hear "...not at this time" or words to that effect from the tower when I try for a takeoff clearance? It would be great to be able to do all this stuff but I know that's asking a lot; from what I can see, it seems VoxATC always depends on a being on an activated flight plan and doesn't handle diversions. But if there is a way to do any of the above, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

13 hours ago, debarba said:

I've been using 7.2 for about a week now and like what I see as far as VFR improvements. I had an issue (one time only) where I started a flight and it put me in the parking location I had saved. But it also put another aircraft in the same spot. I was fine until I tried to taxi then the FSX crash, etc. When the flight reset, there was still a small plane in the same spot but a different one (same type, different color). Instead of trying to taxi, I moved my aircraft via the menu to another ramp and all was fine.

I'm curious if you can do a few things...can you cancel a VFR flight plan while enroute then divert to another airport that's nearby? I can contact the RCO but don't know the words to cancel the flight plan, if they exist. As far as diverting, if I tune another tower not on my flight plan, the only option for something to say is "disregard". Is it possible to make contact and ask for landing clearance even though the airport is not on the flight plan? Also, how do you stop traffic advisories with a center? Again, contact works fine but what has to be said to end advisories? What if I never activate a flight plan...will I always hear "...not at this time" or words to that effect from the tower when I try for a takeoff clearance? It would be great to be able to do all this stuff but I know that's asking a lot; from what I can see, it seems VoxATC always depends on a being on an activated flight plan and doesn't handle diversions. But if there is a way to do any of the above, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, if you read about Flight Plan extras, that will answer your question about how to file an alternate destination. If you are in Advanced mode you don't have to open your flight plan and you can simply tune to the frequencies you want to talk to (but I don't believe it will give you clearance to land at an airport not in your flight plan) You can also end Traffic advisories by saying, "Request own navigation." If you want to select a new destination airport, not on your flight plan, disable VoxATC, then file a new flight plan, make sure you choose "No" when it asks if you want it to move you to the departure airport. It will continue your flight, you have to Enable VoxATC, and then you will be able to contact the destination airport. Not exactly life like, but I do know that method will work.