Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Binder

Ground Contact Points

Hi all,

Can anyone explain this? 

See GIF

The gear isnt making proper contact with the ground? Its causing the plane to shake and twitch around.... Tried searching but didnt see anyone else with the issue?

Here for another example

I am using P3D V3 and the most up to date version of the 744... It doesnt happen with the 777 or NGX, not sure why its only happening the 747. It also appears that the gear are in the ground on the 747, unlike the other two mentioned.

All the best,

Brandon Binder

Bump - please someone! I've tried reinstalling the content, scenery and client. Also, I've tried removing other scenery and using default, no luck. Also occurs with NGX and 777!

4 hours ago, Brandon Binder said:

Bump - please someone! I've tried reinstalling the content, scenery and client. Also, I've tried removing other scenery and using default, no luck. Also occurs with NGX and 777!

Hi Brandon,

It sounds like a scenery issue.  Have you tried an unmodified/default airport?  Also, I'm a bit unclear -- is it only happening to the 747 or also to the 777 and NGX?  If both of them, what about a different aircraft at the same airport where you are having the problem?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike,

Its happening with all aircraft in P3D after further investigation. Its also happening at default airports. I removed the content and scenery as well as the client, reinstalled and still experiencing the same issue... 

EDIT:

It only appears to stutter while the engines are on (any aircraft)

3 hours ago, Brandon Binder said:

It only appears to stutter while the engines are on (any aircraft)

Hi Brandon,

I think this is likely a scenery problem or possibly some addon, but I use FSX and I don't own P3D.  So a few suggestions:

1) Post in the P3D forum on Avsim -- this may be a known issue in P3D.

2) Temporarily disable ALL addon scenery (in Scenery Library just uncheck it, assuming it is similar to FSX) and ALL addons and see if the problem goes away.  Don't use UK2000 or any other heavy duty scenery to run tests until you are sure it's not happening with all addon scenery removed.  If you have some simple AFCAD addon airports you can leave them for the moment but if the problem is still there you will need to remove them too.  The idea is to remove all addons and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, then you would  add back your addon sceneries one-by-one and see if the problem comes back.  If not, then reinstall other addons.  Stick with testing at the same default airport and the same aircraft to avoid introducing more unknowns.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

23 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Hi Brandon,

I think this is likely a scenery problem or possibly some addon, but I use FSX and I don't own P3D.  So a few suggestions:

1) Post in the P3D forum on Avsim -- this may be a known issue in P3D.

2) Temporarily disable ALL addon scenery (in Scenery Library just uncheck it, assuming it is similar to FSX) and ALL addons and see if the problem goes away.  Don't use UK2000 or any other heavy duty scenery to run tests until you are sure it's not happening with all addon scenery removed.  If you have some simple AFCAD addon airports you can leave them for the moment but if the problem is still there you will need to remove them too.  The idea is to remove all addons and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, then you would  add back your addon sceneries one-by-one and see if the problem comes back.  If not, then reinstall other addons.  Stick with testing at the same default airport and the same aircraft to avoid introducing more unknowns.

Mike

Thanks for your help, Mike. 

Clean install didn't work... Posted in P3D forums, will see if anyone else has had the issue!

All the best,

Brandon Binder