Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

While flying CTP, I went to save my flight, and P3D crashed

I'm really about to lose my mind. I was flying my first CTP and about to get into Oceanic as I was like "let me save my flight".

I click save scenario,

and then P3D crashes.

It was because of a thing called "kernalbase.dll". Anyone ever had any issues with this?

5 hours ago, virtualflying said:

Anyone ever had any issues with this?

Yes, see page 33, AVSIM CTD Guide.  This will show some solutions that worked for others but we have had a lot of members who have had this crash and they simply ended up reinstalling Windows and the P3D.  But, before you do that, I would strongly recommend you set up a new User (as explained as one of the solutions).  The kernelbase.dll is a system file which means your system did not like something so it made P3D crash.  This could be a permissions issue.  In the guide, on page 11, I explain how to make sure P3D runs with compatibility with ALL USERS (i.e., the system is a user, you are a user, there's a default user, etc., etc.) and one of the other users installed by Windows may not have had permission to do the operation you tried to do so the P3D crashed.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim,

most of those settings I had previously set up. I believe the easiest way is for me to install Windows again. I've actually needed to do this because I've needed to put Windows on my SSD, and clean my hard drive off. Thanks Jim!

Sometimes that is the best solution.  I have had to do it myself on several occasions but mainly for a StackHask/ntdll.dll error.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10