Sign in to follow this  
Moe

The New FTX central did me wrong. Help!

So I installed the new FTX central. I only have Australia and the free airports and Holger mesh from the fullterrain site. I have not purchased any additional Orbx addons yet. I also have UTX for Canada and running all this on FSX-SE. I have been working on doing all of Canada's airfields before moving on to Australia. I am close with only Alberta and British Columbia left. This weekend my niece came over and she spent a year in Australia. So I installed and ran the new FTX Central as I knew I would have to go into FTX Central to adjust it to Australia. As it turns out with the new FTX Central it no longer needs to be reset for regions.

After She left I went back to Canada to continue my quest and to my disappointment my scenery in Canada is really screwed up. The elevation it seems has water roads, runways etc all over Canada floating in air, underground, into hills. A real mess. My guess was the mesh was screwed up. I tried moving all the FTX scenery files in the library lower than my UTX but that didn't fix it. I tried simply unchecking all the FTX there but again that didn't work.

Any help would be really helpful.

Moe

So after looking up that thread and several related threads here and other sites I deleated the scenery config file, re-installed FSX, re- installed UTX Canada. None of these actions helped. The scenery in Canada is pooched. I have runways under ground, buildings and trees in lakes, houses floating in air, etc. It is a total mess.

I wish I had never purchased this ORBX scenery. It ruined my ability to enjoy my home country.

Moe

So I tried several things. Removed Terrain.cfg , unclicked FTX in the library, moved FTX to under UTX in the library within FTX central tools,  copied over a new vanilla terrain.cfg , let Steam rebuild FSX, Disabled FTX within FTX central toolsre-installed FSX-SE, re-installed UTX.

ALL FOR NOTHING

FTX / ORBX hangs on like a bad virus

I hate to say this as it sounds like defeat, but here it goes.

How does one remove every last trace of FTX/ORBX software from their computer?

Thanks

Moe

Go to the official ORBX forum for instructions on uninstall, it's not easy cause it plants files in all of your FSX install. The default terrain.cfg does come with these bugs and some more that is why I say to change the render priorities ( higher values get rendered first, default landclass has a priority of 30000 so if your airport is only 20000 it will not show no matter where in the scenery library it is ), every time you open ( and only opening it is enough ) the FTX Central it will be over written with a default bad terrain.cfg and cause trouble again, took me hours to find this out, now have everything in a good working order and I put the FTX Central icon on a place where I can not accidently open it any more and I probably will never open it anymore, don't care for FTX updates anymore anyway, the more updates they bring out the more trouble to FSX they bring, they are only after one thing; making sure that your sim only will run fine after you bought all off their stuff and deleted all other stuff.

Herman

Thanks Herman. After some exhaustive effort to remove all traces of ORBX SP4, I succeeded to get my UTX and default scenery back in working order. They make beautiful scenery. I just don't understand the company's logic. Take on our product and the other brands on your computer will be corrupted. I will be sure to avoid this problem again. Hopefully their upcoming efforts in Xplane, Aerofly FS2, DTFS will take a friendlier approach.

Moe

I thought they backed out of X-Plane?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.