Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

AFCAD Question?

Guest hogans

Hello,I just recently purchased Fly Tampa's KMDW scenery. In real life KMDW does not have ILS with localizers, they use vor's.I attemted to change the Afcad file adding ILS with localizers, which you can see in the attached screenshot, but for some reason the only localizer that shows up on the GPS, and is the only one that will work using the approach function is 22L.None of the others will work, does anyone know why?You can e-mail me direct at bfdff24@aol.com if you have any suggestions. Thanks, Hogans.

According to AIRNAV.com 04R 13C & 31C are all ILS with LOC 22L is the one that doesn't have it So maybe that's why that one works.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Using AFCAD to add or remove ILS, and changing approaches doesn't work. Recommend going to the PAI AFCAD forum and search on poster "jvile". In the past couple days he has put on "paper" a lot of his learned insights into approach design for the GPS. You can also go to the library here and get some of his "active ILS" files, check them out and the readmes to learn more.scott s..