Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

Razer Synapse and voice recognition issues

Hey! I've recently invested in a usb headset and keyboard from Razer. The headset is the razer kraken 7.1 V2. It's a usb headset and sounds great. I primarily got it for fs2crew and p3d as I understand that usb is good for voice recognition. 

My problem here is that when I use the default Microsoft driver it'a sounds okay and voice recognition works fine. However when I install the razer synapse driver voice recognition stops. I also have voxatc and when trying to run that I get an error asking me to select a US English compatible recognizer. Fs2crew as well doesn't pick up any sound. I'm able to try recording my voice on online websites and hear it back and it sounds fine. The only reason I like using synapse is so that I can control the lighting and sound quality and it's quite nice. However this breaks the best addon of p3d, fs2crew and voice recognition. 

I created a restore point and go back to that point where the driver and software wasn't installed so that I can use everything as before. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

2 hours ago, byork said:

So you can't uninstall that extra Razer software to revert to the original Microsoft driver?

You may need to contact Razer directly about this one.

Best,

Hey Bryan 

Yes that seems the only option. It's quite useful really and the software does enhance the sound alot. 

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

8 hours ago, Falconfly said:

Hey Bryan 

Yes that seems the only option. It's quite useful really and the software does enhance the sound alot. 

You'd need to contact the Razer developers and explain what happened to them.  I have no control over their software.

Best,

Razer no doubt has offering best gaming headphones though there are issues in a few versions therefore i do not go for experiments much rather i prefer using know Razor headsets. I’ve owned a set of Razer Carcharias for probably 13 years now (has to be somewhere around there I bought them when I worked at Best Buy during college.) They survived 6 years of heavy WoW raid use and they’re currently laying on my desk for when I host webinars for work 3 times a week. I don’t know what all the online regarding them is about. 

I hear a lot of good things about the HyperX headsets but I’ve never used one. I just bought a set of Razor Blackshark V2 for $100 while looking for some good gaming Headsets. They’re… good. I like the mic as much as the Razer’s because it’s detachable and it is not fixed in place so I easily flip it up when not in use. I also easily find the faux leather cups super comfortable, just like the microfiber ones on the Razers, they are as nice as the cups on the Bose QC15s. 

If it’s the wire being destroyed, maybe go for something with a replaceable line in? You can get replacement line ins for most Sennheisers (my previous set of headphones before the mic became necessary) and Bose QC15’s. There’s also a couple of mics out there that can piggy back on nicer headphones which weren’t available a few years ago. 

Thinking about it, I probably have way too many headphones laying around so I really should stop buying them. I’m counting 5 working pairs of circumoral aural headsets right now plus 4 sets of earbuds.