Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

Nvidia black screens when zooming

I have noticed that with my new 1070 gpu that I am getting black screens at certain zoom levels when in full screen only, so e.g when viewing from the tower I may get a black screen at 0.95x zoom.  Zooming in or out further restores  the display.

This only occurs if I have the fixer option Hide Sun Glare From the Other dialog ticked.  I have no recollection of this occurring with my previous Nvidia gpu and it doesn't happen on my AMD gpu on my second pc.

Is anyone else seeing this and if so what driver and what Nvidia gpu do you have?  Equally is anyone with a 10 series gpu and the latest driver not seeing this?

thanks

Actually, I have seen this in X-Plane 10 and 11, at night and when I'm outside the lighted interior of the aircraft, and in full screen.  I'm running Windows 7 Professional and a Geforce 970.  In order to get my view back, I need to get out of full screen and back into the lighted copckpit of the aircraft I happen  to be flying.  

Bill Alderson