Sign in to follow this  
Sky Prince

It's beautiful..

I got myself the QOTS ii and I am impressed. 

I don't like the tutorial setup. I would have preferred:

1. Parked at gate in CnD condition. Then, proceed to starting up the systems first by applying electricity. After electric startup, make it clear right there and then that NAV lights should be turned on to alert ground crew.

Based on what is contained in the setup procedure before flight, is this really how the real world operate their b747-400? Some of the steps just don't seem right to me. For example, shouldn't the beacon light be turned on before engine startup? 

PS: Yes. I'm very picky. Lol!

Would I be able to fly using the b747X setup procedures?

I am also looking for ways to fly using FsPassengers + QOTS ii. So, everything must follow pattern. 

Is it possible to load up FSX with the aircraft already CnD?

36 minutes ago, Sky Prince said:

1. Parked at gate in CnD condition. Then, proceed to starting up the systems first by applying electricity. After electric startup, make it clear right there and then that NAV lights should be turned on to alert ground crew.

I believe we state it in the tutorial right in the beginning: Tutorial #1 for all of our offerings is meant to get you up in the air quickly. The end of the first tutorial usually gets into the detailed cold and dark stuff. Moreover, the likelihood you'll find an aircraft actually cold and dark is extremely slim in the airline world. Cargo, maybe. Airline, no.

And your light comment isn't actually very accurate. NAV lights just show that the aircraft is electrically powered: BATT, APU, GPU. It's the beacon that alerts the ground crew.

38 minutes ago, Sky Prince said:

Based on what is contained in the setup procedure before flight, is this really how the real world operate their b747-400? Some of the steps just don't seem right to me. For example, shouldn't the beacon light be turned on before engine startup? 

It's a basic tutorial, and not an airline SOP.

Would I be able to fly using the b747X setup procedures?

Technically? Yes. Well? That depends.

I am also looking for ways to fly using FsPassengers + QOTS ii. So, everything must follow pattern. 

I'm sure FSPassengers adds some 'fun' elements to the sim, but do keep in mind that FSP is not at all a reflection of reality. As an example, FSP will get upset if you use too high of a vertical speed because it "scares the passengers." This is not true. People feel acceleration, not speed. V/S is a speed. The pitch over into a descent is acceleration, but that's about it.

It might also holler at you for busting the 250 knot "rule." This is also not true for the 747-400 under FAR 91.117d.

39 minutes ago, Sky Prince said:

Is it possible to load up FSX with the aircraft already CnD?

Yes. Please make sure to read the Intro Manual, specifically the section about panel states. Make sure you do not set the 747 as the default aircraft in the sim, however.

Kyle Rodgers

47 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I believe we state it in the tutorial right in the beginning: Tutorial #1 for all of our offerings is meant to get you up in the air quickly. The end of the first tutorial usually gets into the detailed cold and dark stuff. Moreover, the likelihood you'll find an aircraft actually cold and dark is extremely slim in the airline world. Cargo, maybe. Airline, no.

And your light comment isn't actually very accurate. NAV lights just show that the aircraft is electrically powered: BATT, APU, GPU. It's the beacon that alerts the ground crew.

It's a basic tutorial, and not an airline SOP.

Technically? Yes. Well? That depends.

I'm sure FSPassengers adds some 'fun' elements to the sim, but do keep in mind that FSP is not at all a reflection of reality. As an example, FSP will get upset if you use too high of a vertical speed because it "scares the passengers." This is not true. People feel acceleration, not speed. V/S is a speed. The pitch over into a descent is acceleration, but that's about it.

It might also holler at you for busting the 250 knot "rule." This is also not true for the 747-400 under FAR 91.117d.

Yes. Please make sure to read the Intro Manual, specifically the section about panel states. Make sure you do not set the 747 as the default aircraft in the sim, however.

With so much to read I am missing a few points. 

Yes. I understand. 

I love the idea of managing FsPassengers though. It really does add to the fun.

Thank you, Kyle! ❤ 

I have FSP but have switched to FSCaptain.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

I have FSP but have switched to FSCaptain.

Why?

And, you've flown with FSP on the QOTS ii?