Sign in to follow this  
DWadsworth

PMDG "Error creating child window" Error with Win 10 16167

PMDG 737NGX, 777, and 747V3 aircraft cause "Error creating child Window" in P3D 3.4.22 after loading.  This prevents the green window containing status, GSX, AS16, ProATCX, and other data to be displayed and the add-ons from functioning.

I removed all add-ons and reinstalled PMDG products to test.  In all cases, the error occurred for PMDG aircraft. The default F-22 did not show this behavior. 

I rolled back to Win 10 16170 and the error did not appear and P3D behaved normally.

I have submitted a PMDG support ticket.

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

I see your testing methods involved removing all addons including GSX, but another user had a similar issue which was apparently related to GSX.

I'm not sure if this will be a useful link to you, but here's the brief thread over at Lockheed's forum describing his issue and solution.

-Greg

Thanks, I was aware of that and confirmed that I had the latest GSX.  The behavior happened without GSX (and everything else.  This version of Windows had changes to the core, and probably broke something subtle.  The rollback version of Windows allows PMDG planes to work.

Dave Wadsworth

I do not have any of the add ons mentioned and had the error a couple of times after Win10 UG and Create, I thought it was related to Chase Plane and Flyinside VR, but no I think it went away with a delete of the Shaders cache..

Jorge

17 hours ago, DWadsworth said:

Thanks, I was aware of that and confirmed that I had the latest GSX.  The behavior happened without GSX (and everything else.  This version of Windows had changes to the core, and probably broke something subtle.  The rollback version of Windows allows PMDG planes to work.

Ok cool. Let us know how you make out with the ticket, though. If PMDG does come back with an answer it could be useful info for others. 

-Greg

There response was that they are not supporting Insider previews.  Although the responder did mention that he was successfully running the 1703 Creators Update.  I'm running one version beyond that release currently and having no problems.  All I was trying to do is give them an early update on a problem that they, Microsoft, or LM have Now if I could keep my USB 3 hub plugged in properly, my yoke and quadrant would work well. 

So it goes...

Dave

Dave Wadsworth