Sign in to follow this  

Hello

I have the QOTS II in P3D v3.4. Every flight I made so far I get an error in upper ECAM "Fuel Imbalance".

The fuel quantity in all the respective tanks are equal. I cannot clear the error. Where is it originating from?

Also I did a flight from SCL to SYD. Later upon using time compression of 4x I got engine 2 and 3 failures almost instantly. Engines shut down, Hydraulics etc..

Failures are checked off in FMC .

I was able to start the engines and resume the flight afterwards.

Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 minute ago, nhagag said:

The fuel quantity in all the respective tanks are equal. I cannot clear the error. Where is it originating from?

I think that you may be interpreting this incorrectly.

The issue here isn't that it is in left-right balance. The issue is inner-outer balance.

If you have fuel of: 10 - 20 - 20 - 10
...you are in a normal setup, burning the "extra" fuel out of the inboard tanks (all pumps on, on the overhead) using the override pumps to heave large enough amounts of fuel out of the inboard tanks to run all 4 engines.

If you have fuel of: 10 - 10 - 10 - 10
...you are in balance. FUEL TANK/ENG will display on the EICAS, prompting you to reconfigure the tanks such that each tank is fueling a single engine. This is when you turn off the override pumps and close the outer crossfeeds.

If you have fuel of 10 - 8 - 8 - 10
...you are in an IMBALANCE situation because the FUEL TANK/ENG message was ignored for too long.

You do not want inboard to be lower than outboard.

4 minutes ago, nhagag said:

Also I did a flight from SCL to SYD. Later upon using time compression of 4x I got engine 2 and 3 failures almost instantly. Engines shut down, Hydraulics etc..

Failures are checked off in FMC .

This wasn't a failure. This was due to the fact that you burned all of the fuel out of the inboard tanks by not properly reconfiguring upon receiving FUEL TANK/ENG. See the stickeyed post at the top of this subforum (referencing FUEL TANK/ENG).

You should also fly the tutorial flight, as it explains how to properly configure the tanks. If you need to leave your computer for extended periods on long flights, there's a function described in the Intro Manual that will automatically reconfigure the tanks for you at the proper time (i.e. when FUEL TANK/ENG would be displayed).