flight1 order: 1310469   Apr 20, 2017RealityXP - RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (XPlane)

New I5 (7th gen) + asus mobo + rx-480 + win10 pro + xp11 rc1

1) Install problems started when stopped initial installation because I thought my computer had locked up.  (Nothing was happening) I realize now that the Garmin trainer takes a long time to install>

2) retried umpteen times to install and uninstall.   After each install plugin drop down shows  menu items  ,but I get a  blank 750 screen.  I figured out that the garmin trainer did not initialize or start up. It never installed properly and would not run on its own.

3) Did clean install of win10 after formatting primary drive.

4) installed garmin trainer.  Trainer works great.

5) installed xp 11 rc1.

6) Installed Reality xp Gtn 750.  Started up xplane and gtn 750 screen and map came up and showed me at the airport I was at. I assumed that I was out of the woods.

7) After running xp for 1/2 and hour or so, Gtn 750 screen displayed a warning that my license was invalid. And then stopped working leaving me with a blank gtn 750 screen.

8) I unistalled gtn and reinstalled.  This time I got the "fluery Trojan virus warning".    I ran Defender and eliminated the virus (which turns out to be a gtn dll file and not a virus which I later found info on in the Avsim forums)

So what do I need to do in order to get this expensive bit of kit running properly? 

Brad

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, skyrail said:

flight1 order: 1310469   Apr 20, 2017RealityXP - RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 (XPlane)

New I5 (7th gen) + asus mobo + rx-480 + win10 pro + xp11 rc1

1) Install problems started when stopped initial installation because I thought my computer had locked up.  (Nothing was happening) I realize now that the Garmin trainer takes a long time to install>

2) retried umpteen times to install and uninstall.   After each install plugin drop down shows  menu items  ,but I get a  blank 750 screen.  I figured out that the garmin trainer did not initialize or start up. It never installed properly and would not run on its own.

3) Did clean install of win10 after formatting primary drive.

4) installed garmin trainer.  Trainer works great.

5) installed xp 11 rc1.

6) Installed Reality xp Gtn 750.  Started up xplane and gtn 750 screen and map came up and showed me at the airport I was at. I assumed that I was out of the woods.

7) After running xp for 1/2 and hour or so, Gtn 750 screen displayed a warning that my license was invalid. And then stopped working leaving me with a blank gtn 750 screen.

8) I unistalled gtn and reinstalled.  This time I got the "fluery Trojan virus warning".    I ran Defender and eliminated the virus (which turns out to be a gtn dll file and not a virus which I later found info on in the Avsim forums)

So what do I need to do in order to get this expensive bit of kit running properly? 

Brad

J-L (tech support)  no need to get back to me on these install issues. All is solved and working.  I read further into this invaluable forum.  Ended up downloading  a fresh 2.4 via the Flight1 commerce site.   Installed it with no problems, no invalid license warning.

All is good so far.

Brad

Note:  I discovered that the latest Radeon driver 17.4.3 was the culprit in that it caused the Garmin Trainer app to show up as a black screen only.  I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled an earlier version 16 series.  Everything now work as advertised.

BTW: Xp reality Gtn 750.   Worth every penny and more!  Best add on to xplane by a long shot.

Brad

• Upvote 1

I can confirm that the trainer will not run using 17 series drivers. I keep getting a " A directx component has suffered an irretrievable component error".

How did you get back to a 16 series driver?

Edited by dissy
more details added

If you can walk away it's a good landing

Thanks for that bluebell2. Finally got it running.

If you can walk away it's a good landing