Sign in to follow this  
adaniel

PMDG 737800 autothrottle.

I have made a clean install of Win10, P3D and all addons. I have PMDG 737 800 base packet and some liveries. When I fly with Norwegian livery, the autothrottle stops the speed in climb at 168 knots, and it does not increase in cruice mode either. On top of the speedtape the speed is set to 240 knots. If I chose another livery autothrottle behaves normal. I find this weird, the aircraft model is the same, and liveries are mostly texture plus some instrument differences. Have anyone experienced the same, or  is it a reason for this autothrottle behavior. I have deleted and reinstalled the Norwegian livery two times with the same result. 

Tor Arild Danielsen

The speed constraint might be due to configuration, for example the flaps are not all the way up.

If you have FSUIPC, try moving its FSUIPC4.ini file to your desktop and let it build a new one and see if the problem goes away.  I stay away from assigning controls to FSUIPC because although it is powerful there's too many ways things can go wrong.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think I have found the reason for the weird behavior of the autothrottle. It must have been a corrupt file. I have my sim on harddisk D:, and I found that it was still old 737 NXG files on my C: drive after the new installation. I made a new innstallation after I had manually deleted all the remaining files, and now the autothrottle behaves normally on all aircrafts. 

Tor Arild

I thought I had solved the autothrottle problem, but it was not true.I have found out during the day that when you have a clean installation of the PMDG 737NXG the Aircrafts will start with panel state default. With that panel state I don't have autothrottle problems with any Aircraft livery. With the Norwegian livery which I fly most I have chosen Panel state short. With panel state short i have the autothrottle problem, and I think the whole autopilot behaves strange. Does anyone else experience the same as me? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong in the startup process? I always use checklists, and the problem is present either I fly with only autothrottle , or via the FMC.