Sign in to follow this  
SKIPS2

QUESTION ON EFIS PANEL - RADIO/BARO VS DH/MDA

Did 747 airliners updated there EFIS panel where the Minimums Reference Selector shows RADIO/BARO instead of DH/MDA?

I see some 747 operators have either DH/MDA or RADIO/MDA options but PMDG only has the RADIO/BARO selector.

This also seems to be in PMDG's FCOM (page113)  but I can't replicate the DH/MDA.

Dario

signature-dark.png

How old were the photos with DH/MDA panels? I believe the change came around the time TERRain was introduced. I'm wondering how many aircraft are now flying without EGPWS/Terrain.

Cheers.

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

12 hours ago, Qavion2 said:

How old were the photos with DH/MDA panels? I believe the change came around the time TERRain was introduced. I'm wondering how many aircraft are now flying without EGPWS/Terrain.

Cheers.

Saw a EFIS panel from a Virgin 747 on ITVV...guess that's pretty old then, since it did not have the FPV also.

signature-dark.png

7 hours ago, SKIPS2 said:

since it did not have the FPV also.

FPV can be found on old aircraft. It was an option. I believe it's now standard.

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)