Sign in to follow this  
mhamilto

Map Window no longer available

Hello.  I have been using this fantastic program and find it very useful for flight planning and following.  Yesterday  I dragged the map window to a second monitor, using my first monitor for the other windows of LNM (flight plan, info,etc.).  I shut down as normal.  Today when I opened LNM I no longer have the map window on the 2nd monitor.  The other windows show fine on the first monitor.  Is there a way to get the map display open again?  A menu option or keypress?  Any help or guidance would be gratefully appreciated.  I am using P3D.  Thank you.

Mike Hamilton

Hi Mike,

you can delete the little_navmap.ini in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel but you will loose all other settings.

To reset only the layout back to default:

Open the little_navmap.ini in a text editor and look for the section [MainWindow]  it contains a line like WidgetState="@ByteArray(...lots of gibberish...)"

Delete this line including all the gibberish.

I added a menu item to reset the window layout back to default since this is not the first report about this.

Alex

Edited by albar965
New menu item
  • Upvote 2

Thank you, Alex.  That worked nicely to restore the map window.  All back to normal now.  Your new menu item to reset the window layout to default is a great idea.  I will look for it when I update next.  Your program is absolutely fantastic, and you are making it better with ongoing improvements.  I am retired and an ex-commercial pilot from rural Canada and wish I had your program years ago to plan out cross-country flights.   It is great to have such uptodate information at hand quickly.  I combine LNM planning and following with FlightPlan Go on my iPad and the GTN750 GPS and have a wonderful time in P3D flying all over Northeast America.  I prefer the smaller GA stuff to the tubeliners and always fly down low to see the great scenery.  Thank you again for your fine program and sharing it with flightsimmers.

Mike Hamilton

P.S.  Is there a defined procedure you recommend when updating to new versions of LNM?  Does one just manually delete the folder with the currently installed version and then install the new version folder after the unzip?  Does that keep all the "settings" files intact?   Or is there a defined install program and/or sequence to follow?

Mike Hamilton

Hi Mike,

I'm also a big fan of LNM and have the pleasure of testing the beta versions for Alex.

Best way to install is delete the folder with the old version and then double click on the zip file and drag the folder out of the zip onto your drive. Don't even have to unzip it :-)

This is the way I do it.

Alex has lots of nice features coming up in the next release.

Hi Mike, thank you for the nice words.

About the installation: Paul is right. Delete the old installation folder to avoid merging the installations.

Alex

Wilco.  Thanks for the help.  I think I am on version 1.2.4 now.  Any idea when a newer version will be ready?

Mike Hamilton