Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

XP 11 Demo - clouds and other things

I am a long time FSX simmer and wanted to take a look at XP11, so I downloaded the demo for 11.  I have made a few test flights in various airplanes at different times of the day and noticed last night when flying with rain and overcast skies (preset), when the sim started with me in the cockpit, I looked around and saw and heard rain, but when I looked up, not a cloud anywhere and the stars shining brightly.  I know what you're thinking, why would someone fly in that weather - well, I just wanted to see what those conditions looked like at night.  So my question is, is this a demo thing or is it a full program issue? (It could be me cause I'm old too).

Second question is, is the XP 11 demo actually the full program with a timer and 'stuff' turned off or is it only a shrunk down XP11 with significant pieces missing in the code?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The preset weather themes don't always do a good job. Maybe you could try manually setting clouds and rain in the advanced weather screen and see what you get.

The demo is identical to the full version except for ther timer and the scenery limited to the Seattle area. In theory you can also install add-ons in the demo (except of course scenery add-ons).

• Upvote 1