Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bry

27 years of amazing history

Hi all simmers/pilots!If any of you are like me, you havent been really bugged by the concorde being removed from service. I have been alittel effected by it, but nothing serious. The concorde provided 27 years of supersonic speed to many. But after finding a 5:30 long movie, i have a had a total change of my perspective on this amazing bird! I find it a tad bit odd how so many can be affected by 110 Tons of metal with wings. Check out this movie! http://www.flightlevel350.com/picwindow.php?cat=22&pic=278If you arent to bothered by the concorde, and you dont really have a opinion on it, check that out. You will soon have a new perspective.Neat vid, and a nice tribute. Worth the time and bandwith. :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, a nice tribute indeed.Thanks for sharing the link.:-)Kevin

Superb!!I really regret that I never had the chance to fly on a Concorde. Tell me all you want about noise, economics, fuel consumption, the environment and you'll just bore me. What a seriously 'cool' aircraft we Brits and the French had. Shame the Russians couldn't make more of their Tu-144.BA and Air France are just the same as all the rest now. Yawn.http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

The vid gave me a whole new perspective on the concorde. It really did mean alot to people, especially the ones blessed enough to pilot her. Wish i could of seen her fly.

Hey All,This last weekend I watched a documentary on the crash of the Concorde in France. What an incredible chain of events that none of the so called "engineers" predicted could happen - especially how the tire broke-up. Trust Continental to find a way to eliminate the competition. Anyway engineers never get it right 100% which is what is required to guarantee absolute safety. Nevertheless the Concorde was a beautiful plane and I would have loved to have ridden on her as well. Now as the announcer on the show said the Concorde is just a museum relic. The Concorde ... a museum relic like your great grandma's butter churn - amazing - but true I suppose.Take Care! -Ed-

Hi,That's a very nice video, quite touching too!!I'm not sure whether they are on avsim file library or not, but somebody recorded the last radio exchanges between concorde and ATC for the last take off from Heathrow and for the last landing of BA001. You can hear the emotion of everyone involved!!If somebody is interested, there is an excellent video of concorde, check it out at www.itvv.co.ukOK, it's 30

This is actually a cut-down and low-res version of the video. The original was available on a French website (still in English) and was more like 60mb or so. Sadly I accidentally deleted it and have been unable to find it for download again. :(